2006 C 5 dosimeter

nick viner

Tadpole
Hi everyone. I need to find a new dosimeter for my 2006 C5 hdi 2 litre diesel motor.
Could anyone tell me where and how much one would cost?
Also where it goes in the engine?

Well I would assume you don’t need it if this is related to the surging you have had before I would be putting a egr restriction in available on eBay everywhere.
Also the dosser is like a throttle body and is at the front of the engine

I don’t know what a dosimeter is/does (sorry), but thought I’d chime in to say there is what looks to be a good clean series 2 C5 wagon (like my ‘06) at the Murwillumbah wreckers. Hope that helps

The doseur is the air control butterfly valve at the entrance into the inlet manifold. It is vacuum driven.

DMC has noted your other posts and suggests your trouble may actually lie with the EGR. You can cheaply fit a restriction plate with a smaller orifice into it.

It's usually called an 'air doser' and on your engine it is a double butterfly valve unit at the front of the engine with vacuum capsules and hoses. Early, all-plastic, versions would stick and the car then stalled randomly. There was a service campaign for some affected vehicles. Check the vacuum capsules do not leak and the hoses are all secure and not perished. If you have a hand vacuum pump, you can test the operation and also check for vacuum leaks.
Assuming you have eliminated all other issues, a stainless EGR plate with an 8mm hole will damp out slight surging. The symptom here is that you experience your head being rocked back/forward gently at a steady speed on a very light throttle. If it is some other surging symptom, look elsewhere first - split air hose, sticky turbo, leaking vacuum, failing EGR ....

It's usually called an 'air doser' and on your engine it is a double butterfly valve unit at the front of the engine with vacuum capsules and hoses. Early, all-plastic, versions would stick and the car then stalled randomly. There was a service campaign for some affected vehicles. Check the vacuum capsules do not leak and the hoses are all secure and not perished. If you have a hand vacuum pump, you can test the operation and also check for vacuum leaks.
Assuming you have eliminated all other issues, a stainless EGR plate with an 8mm hole will damp out slight surging. The symptom here is that you experience your head being rocked back/forward gently at a steady speed on a very light throttle. If it is some other surging symptom, look elsewhere first - split air hose, sticky turbo, leaking vacuum, failing EGR ....
Thank you so much David. You have described it exactly. Now I need to get into it.
I will post results. Thanks again.