2004 Peugeot 206 Gti 180

Hi Pug4eva!

thanks for the reply! which suburb are you in Canberra? yep, found a busted bulb. replaced it already and all buttons are illuminating again.

However, i think a have a problem with the AC system but don't know what it is exactly. when turning my AC on, the 2 passenger side vents blow cold air while the 2 driver side vents seem to be just plain fan blower. but if i switch it to heater, both vents are blowing equally heated air. have you encountered this problem before?

been trying this one for quite a number of times, enjoyable and thrilling but seems to consume more petrol than usual lol :wink2:

G'day,
once you go over 3000 rpm, it seems to be like the second throat of a Weber opening. I'm a bit old, so that is what I relate to. The closer to the floor, [foot], the more petrol is sucked into the engine. Not very scientific, but simple.

Mines a hard bumpy low ride aswell .
The tyres that came with it split a couple of times when i hit potholes . So if your going harder suspension put quality tyres on it.
Also ditch that 180 jack . I put a 306 type jack in as its much safer . I had the 180 jack colapse .. grrr .

What coilovers were you thinking?

I once founds specs using google, it's been a long time. My hazy memory is they are something like 3Kg/mm.
I've put 7KG/mm in my fronts. It's not very pleasant to daily drive.

im thinking on putting bc coilovers - Racing Coilover Suspension KIT Peugeot 206 | eBay

i asked the seller and he has 5kg/mm spring rates on stock. seems okay because it sits just in the middle.

Mines a hard bumpy low ride aswell .
The tyres that came with it split a couple of times when i hit potholes . So if your going harder suspension put quality tyres on it.
Also ditch that 180 jack . I put a 306 type jack in as its much safer . I had the 180 jack colapse .. grrr .

ouch! ill have a look on the 306 type jack.:)

I've got both 16" and 17" rims. Much nicer to drive around on the 16"
I don't really subscribe to the current fashion for ultra low ratio tyres 40 and below.

yup i agree. if ever im going to change my wheels/tires specs. it would be 16x7.5/8 wrapped in 215/45 rubber.

Peugeot 206 GTI lower control arms are they the same as the P206 base car?
Some parts shops say they are the same but other list the CC/GTI as having different arms???

GTI 180 shockers/springs are they different to the GTI?

GTI front springs and damper are much softer than GTI180, as are the rear ARB and torsion bars.

Brett,
are the control arms the same as normal P206 3/5 door cars?

Are the GTI 180 too hard for road use but good for hill climb?

I don't know for sure. I know there is a difference with the 206cc and GTI arms.
I find the standard springs too soft for the track and have just fitted 600lb springs to my 180 for racing.

Brett,
are the control arms the same as normal P206 3/5 door cars?

Are the GTI 180 too hard for road use but good for hill climb?
The front lwr control arm part numbers for both the GTi138 and GTi180 are the same on Servicebox.

I must admit I don't understand the question "are the GTi180 arms too hard for road use".

"The front lwr control arm part numbers for both the GTi138 and GTi180 are the same on Servicebox."
Many thanks.
What's the link to Service box , please?

Some sellers say the arms are different ...... that's all.
Wondered if the GTI 180 had different camber on the front?

My GTI38 has the steel ball type bushes in control arm, one in each.
The are worn out out and make a hell of a racket , one owner car and you wonder how did it get through for a RWC the last year?
Will replace the bushes with ones that arrived from the UK, maybe later today make a start.

Hi there SLC206! :) yes, that's what i've thought off. but just to clarify some doubts better ask the experts first.

(as for the drilling , it wouldn't be having any effects on the chassis, right?)

here are some pics of the drilling that needs to be done. So, definitely this is a GO now?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Sorry - resurrecting this post: anyone know where I can get this strut brace??