2004 407 Sw 3ltr

stormtigers

Tadpole
Hi Guys
Having a weird problem with electrics, getting warnings on thungs that aren't broken.
I.e rear left brake lamp failed (works fine) low pressure tyres (all at recommended level)indicator malfunction (nope its working)
Now I recently took the instrument cluster out to replace the crappy unreadable one and its working fine as is all indications and instrumentation. Actually it had to come out couple times beczuse i had replaced the speedo needle slightlh off and it wasn't reading correctly.
Thats the first time I received an engine fault light. On removing it again and checking the connector which appears seated correctly all pins ok, the engine fault light went away again.
But now I get these annoying warnings on stuff that isn't wrong.

What gives guys? Any ideas clues ? Waiting for my OBDII unit to arrive to see if there are things that need clearing so I can get a real idea of issues.

Ps On putting the cluster it back in I made sure the wiring went toward the back of the enclosure and wasnt being jammed against the centre plastic support. Is wiring a bit fragile in the loom possibly ?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

An obd reader won’t help you with the other functions saying that your tyre pressure is probably down to a sensor failing the batteries only last about 12 years before the start to play up , with your tail light failure warnings you almost definitely have bad earth pins on your rear lights lights will work but send a bad signal back to the body computer.
What area are you in.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

An obd reader won’t help you with the other functions saying that your tyre pressure is probably down to a sensor failing the batteries only last about 12 years before the start to play up , with your tail light failure warnings you almost definitely have bad earth pins on your rear lights lights will work but send a bad signal back to the body computer.
What area are you in.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Greenvale near Melbourne airport.
Dont quite get why these messages all of a sudden have started coming together and intermittently. One i could believe but to get multiples after removing the instrument cluster just sounds a bit too coincidental.
But certainly bow to information from those who know the car/make better than me. This is my first Peugeot and thus far i kinda like the 3 litres meaty growl and power. Just hope decision to buy it is not one I will regret.
I already have to bite the bullet and do timing belt/water pump as no records that I can see of it being done and no sign of a sticker saying it has been done in the engine bay.

If you unplug the tail lights and check the pin that goes to the green and yellow wire you may see some brown marks if you just add and extra earth to the circuit / light board it should fix the warnings

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

I had all these problems and worse with my 2005 V6 petrol 407. Mine would show all different "failures" without any reason including the engine cutting out and going again after stopping and restarting. Problems cured by replacing the ECU on top of the gearbox. In all the hunting and trying to find the problem one of the things I was going to to do was to replace the instrument cluster. I was told if I did this I would need to replace the BSI (?) as well as the are compatible units. If I didn't replace them both together out of the donor car then my problems would escalate, not something I wanted.
Now going better than ever and we have even recent;y acquired another 2005 V6 petrol wagon for Carolyn to use as her daily driver instead of her 203 (which now wears Historic Plates).

FLASH

I think your confusing what you replaced

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Tried the BSI reset procedure? It has cured some funkiness for me before.

I think your confusing what you replaced

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Me ? I just replaced the lcd panel in the middle of the cluster as it couldnt be read.
And the put the cluster back in didn't touch anythung else.

BSI Reset Procedure

1. Roll the driver's window down
2. Lift the bonnet
3. Make sure all equipment is switched off.
4. Make sure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
5. Wait for 3 minutes.
6. Disconnect the vehicle battery.
7. Wait 15 seconds.
8. Reconnect the vehicle battery.
9. Wait a further 10 seconds. DO NOT OPEN DOORS.
10. Switch on the parking lights by reaching through the driver's window.
11. Switch on the ignition.
12. Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
13. Remove key.
14. Open & close door.
15. Test central locking system.
16. Start the engine and complete the systems check.

Me ? I just replaced the lcd panel in the middle of the cluster as it couldnt be read.
And the put the cluster back in didn't touch anythung else.

No was referring to the ecu that was done probably just the fuse box , with your car these are very common faults the bulb failure happens to almost every early 406 and as I said tyre pressure warnings are common now as well did you have a look at the taillights connectors it’s also just as easy to turn off the tpms using a diagbox scan tool

Is it possible that you couldn’t see these warnings with the failed cluster display

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE