2003 307 2.0L petrol RFN EW10J4 Hydraulic Lifters

Macron

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi All,
First time poster, but have been utilising the incredible amount of advice and experience on this forum over the past year to help me fix up my 2003 306 hatch. Thanks to all and keep up the great work😊👍
I have got to a point in my mechanical journey where I believe the last major problem with the car is faulty lifters. I understand this model engine is known for this issue (causing a mystery rough idle/misfire which goes away at higher revs), and I have pretty much ruled out all other potential (cheaper) causes.
I have seen several comments about an updated replacement part number from Peugeot to solve this issue with non-faulty lifters (possibly from the EW7 engine?), but I am wondering if anyone knows the correct part number I should be looking for?
On spareto for instance, when entering the vehicle details, it comes up as 0942.48 with several brands to choose from:
Is this the “updated” part number that will fit and function correctly?
Anyone else have any experience with replacing these lifters?
I have removed, disassembled and fully cleaned the current lifters (fairly labour intensive, I can tell you😳 If anyone needs advice on how I did it, let me know😁) but the problem came back, so now I think I need to just replace them.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks!