2002 Clio - what to do?

dodge

Tadpole
My beloved 2002 Clio is about to replaced. It has done about 146,000kms and runs well, however, it has a few issues - incl. roof liner detached, hole in driver seat, crack in side panel, paint protection wearing away. I don't want to spend anything on it.

I wouldn't imagine a dealer wanting it as a trade in. What are other easy ways to 'move it on'?

TIA

Sell it on gumtree. (Or here even).

Reactions: COL
The wrecker is beckoning, I'm afraid. Cosmetic issues kill sales.

Unfortunately they’re worth nothing as a standard car. The 172 or 182 models are worth a bit more but no one really wants em.

it’s a shame as they’re awesome cars with loads of pep and personality... I had a 182 so I know!!

try car sales or Facebook marketplace as Gumtree = scumtree

My beloved 2002 Clio is about to replaced. It has done about 146,000kms and runs well, however, it has a few issues - incl. roof liner detached, hole in driver seat, crack in side panel, paint protection wearing away. I don't want to spend anything on it.

I wouldn't imagine a dealer wanting it as a trade in. What are other easy ways to 'move it on'?

TIA
Which model Clio is it?

18 years old. It's worth about as much as a new bar fridge I'm afraid. Our immaculate, low km Xantia was worth that at 20 years and it was superb. Once they are over 10-15 years old there is precious little value left. I agree with Gumtree - good cheap student car perhaps.... Without fixing the roof lining properly, it might not sell at all though.

No RWC No sale as student car.
In fact where are the students, at home?

No RWC No sale as student car.
In fact where are the students, at home?
Depends where you are!! Take your points though. That Clio is at its unfortunate time, "old", but too young to be "interesting". Think about what comes out of sheds when 40 years old not 20. But modern electronics and very tired trim might not make for "keepers" like our older classics. I hate to see waste but this one might be for the bin....

Are you in Melbourne? I'll let you know - it is just stock.
Yeah I’m also in Melb.
I’ve tried to part out two stock Clio’s and didn’t get much luck, I even threw out a box of bits a month ago and even still have a set of alloy rims that I couldn’t move on.
All I’ll do is take the few little bits that are suitable for the RS models and then get a car removal guy to throw it away.

Yeah I’m also in Melb.
I’ve tried to part out two stock Clio’s and didn’t get much luck, I even threw out a box of bits a month ago and even still have a set of alloy rims that I couldn’t move on.
All I’ll do is take the few little bits that are suitable for the RS models and then get a car removal guy to throw it away.
Donate it will get a refund from ATO at least

Thanks everyone. Dealer ended up taking it for a couple of bucks less than a wreckers, so I took it - I am in a vulnerable group, so trying not to be in contact with many people. Picked this up...
InkedIMG_8975_LI - New Car (2).jpg