2.7 HDi sensor gunk cleanup.

BIGRR

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Thanks for the tip dieselman! :) DSC06807.jpg DSC06815.jpg

Have not test driven after clean-up yet.

Drove it about 30km today, no more power however it appears to run a lot smoother.

Thanks again.

I still have not been able to return your fuel figures though. Computer says 10.9l/100km (95% city running).:wink2:

Drove the car about 80k last night. WOW does it run a load smoother. Talking to another 2.7 HDi owner last night and he said that cleaning this sensor is standard practice.

Job involves lifting/pulling the engine cover off, unscrew one self-tapper, pull the sensor out with your fingers (Fitted with an "O" ring), I sprayed the sensor with some electrical cleaner. After it dries push the sensor back in and put the screw and cover back.

It is worth it!!:banana:

Glad to hear that you're getting similar results to me. It's the easiest performance improvement that I know of!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Good pictures, but I am unclear as to which sensor this is and whether the pictures show a before or an after situation. No wish to be obtuse but I am struggling with other oil problems on my 407HDI COUPE and almost desperate for help. I have just replaced my oil pressure sensor and not improved my situation at all.