1995 306 Cab Roof Issue

DanielEvan

Tadpole
Hi Everyone,

I haven't seen this specific issue raised yet, but I just bought my 306 Cab a couple months ago and recently the hood hasn't been sitting in the trunk recess when I lower the roof from the console (it worked perfectly when I bought it).

The noises seem perfectly normal although when the hood is attempting to fit in the recess there is a rubbing/low squeaking sound coming from the brackets (?) - is it possibly a hydrolic fluid issue?

The roof closes perfectly with or without restarting the sequence.

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Daniel

Hi Everyone,

I haven't seen this specific issue raised yet, but I just bought my 306 Cab a couple months ago and recently the hood hasn't been sitting in the trunk recess when I lower the roof from the console (it worked perfectly when I bought it).

The noises seem perfectly normal although when the hood is attempting to fit in the recess there is a rubbing/low squeaking sound coming from the brackets (?) - is it possibly a hydrolic fluid issue?

The roof closes perfectly with or without restarting the sequence.

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Daniel

Silly question probably but have you checked there is nothing caught up in there rubbing noise might suggest this?

SOLUTION

Amazingly, the issue was the loosening of the elasticised straps connected with the first bar of the roof which was causing the roof to fold incorrectly.

It was the quickest of fixes thanks to: 306 Cabriolet

Silly question probably but have you checked there is nothing caught up in there rubbing noise might suggest this?