1993 GTI 505 wagon - Trying to source a rocker cover gasket

Hugo

Fellow Frogger
Hi all

Of course finding parts for the 505 can be difficult nowadays.

European Auto Imports in Melbourne are a great company, but in my experience only have the most commonly required parts for the 505 - brake pads, crankshaft seals et cetera. I haven't checked yet, but I suspect they won't have this rocker cover gasket.

I want to replace the ageing rocket cover gasket and would rather use a new gasket rather than use RTV silicon. I have a 1993 GTI 505 wagon. This gasket is used on a bunch of various Peugeots, Renaults and Citroens.

Some details:
Peugeot part number 0249.43
Available from the UK via Ebay for about $38 AUD in total (lots of useful details here too): https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BGA-ROC...019474?hash=item4440bec212:g:8e8AAOSwQ-BdISs1

Any tips on where to get one (apart from the UK via Ebay)?

Cheers
Hugo :)

I bought one recently from Lewin at Pugspares in Brisbane. He has access to many 505 parts.

Great, thanks for those tips.

I'll give them a call and let you know how it goes, for the record.

Take your vin number to repco and they can access peugeot parts apparently they now own euro spares so they informed me

Thanks signwilson. That sounds promising. I'll give it a go and report back.

I'd trust Repco to source the correct parts about as far as I could move 'em with the nose of my 203.

Ok, here are the results.

Pugwreck didn't have the gasket in stock.

I talked Repco. They own Welch Auto Parts in Collingwood in Melbourne (or at least are part of the same corporate entity). The staff at Repco looked up my car and the gasket on the Welch system then called them for availability and price but they did not have any it stock. It is not clear how many 505 parts Welch might actually have in stock.

I called at Lewin at Pugspares in Brisbane (0424063541, 0733534448) and he had the gasket in stock so I have ordered it from him. He was helpful and also had some other parts I needed (inlet manifold gasket set and engine oil dipstick).

I hope that helps and thanks for the tips.