1981 Renault 20TS

Hi BlackC2,
I've seen your 20 TS back on gumtree up here in Launceston. Considering an inspection, and possible rescue purchase. Any chance you could fill me in on any 'showstoppers' that informed your decision to part ways? Was it rust, or is an engine rebuild required?
Many thanks,
Dan
It was rust. All sides of the top corners of the d-posts, amongst other things. Engine runs well though.
T.

Thanks very much for the prompt response :) Will be sure to be thorough inspecting that area. It seems parts availability may be of equal concern.
Thanks again,
Dan

This car looks amazing and cant wait to see it get restored further.

Hi everyone,

It's been a while - I've not had a french car for a bit! But I've just bought, to keep me entertained, this Renault 20TS via GumTree (yes, the one that had a link here in the classifieds).

View attachment 124424

It's been well loved from the way it drives (surprisingly well!) and the cosmetic work that a previous owner has obviously lavished on it over the years. It appears that no problem couldn't be solved with a tin of paint and a paint brush. Or tape. Or both.

The plan is to gently tease it back to a certain level of respectability, intially with the challenge of spending zero dollars! Once the zero dollar options are exhausted, the "low cost" approach will come into force and we'll see where we're at then.

View attachment 124426
View attachment 124427
View attachment 124428
View attachment 124429
View attachment 124431
View attachment 124432
It's never going to be a minter - no-one is going to do the full respray it so desperately needs. But if the fun I have with it allows it to continue that little bit longer and then maybe to another loving owner, that'll be great.

I'll do a running commentary over on the projects page - always good for motivation.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear from any current owners of other R20s - especially good ones as I might need the reference!

Cheers,
Tony.
Great car .
Very original .

I take it this is not the version with the PRV motor. I talked to a bloke in country Victoria way back in 1992 with a silver one with PRV with progressive downdraft Webers. That would be quite a weapon. Happy motoring, hope the zero dollars stretch.
I have one it was awesome to drive .
It surprised a ton of people at the lights .
Prv v6 and extremely nice gearbox .