1980 ALPINE 310 SPOTTED FOR SALE ,U.S.A

pugwash

VIP Paid Subscriber
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
BRING A TRAILER CLASSIFIEDS ,

Bidding has gone up from $3000 to $14,000 (USD) and closing in 4 days. Looks a good A310. Wonder what it would cost to get to OZ?

Bidding has gone up from $3000 to $14,000 (USD) and closing in 4 days. Looks a good A310. Wonder what it would cost to get to OZ?
You have enough Alpines. I haven’t done the calcs for a long time and I expect things have changed when I imported 3 GTAs.

If it sold for as cheap as $40k AUD, you are up for I think 5% import duty, Roll On Roll Off ( RORO) around $2700, Customs $1000, all of this plus 10% GST on everything mentioned. Then there is the $1000 for the freight forwarding company, and then things can get difficult with asbestos. So $10700 extra if everything goes right. Freight to LA I forgot about.

Some companies in the US will give an asbestos free certification for a price, but that won’t stop Australian Customs going through it and charging along the way, leaving you with a car in pieces. You can’t even appoint a your own mechanic to do the disassembly necessary.

You are right Alan. I have enough Alpines. I have been scared off importing cars due to the costs you mention. The car has to be darn cheap to justify the exercise then it probably would cost heaps in restoration.

be interesting to see what it goes for, if a couple of guys want it. it was at $15k this morning ,its a rare car in theU.S and im not sure of the demand there ,and sure its going to be an expensive for anyone wanting to export it ,weather its worth it depends on sale price ,

I was watching a charity auction for an old Moto Guzzi on Bringatrailer a few weeks ago. It was at $15500 with a half hour to go, and I was hoping to get it for less than $20K, then two guys got serious 2 mins from the end, which then extended the auction another two mins, and another and so on, to a grand total of $31500 USD.

I would expect the A310 to go to $30K USD, but who knows. At $20K I would be interested, but could well end up at $50K. I have been actually waiting for a restorable Matra Djet to turn up, but the boat I think has sailed on picking up a one of these at a price I can afford. A few opportunities came up 5 to 7 years ago, but I chose not to jump.

yes you are right ,musnt have woken up properly .8 hours to go now ,same price ,there may be a big run twards the end ,we will know in the morning ,

You are right Alan. I have enough Alpines. I have been scared off importing cars due to the costs you mention. The car has to be darn cheap to justify the exercise then it probably would cost heaps in restoration.
Only a show-off would make a statement like that..:)

You was pretty close to the money there Alan
Yes you can be lucky. Just need two people that want the car, and the means to pay for it for prices to go silly. It seems like it becomes a competition of life almost.

Yes you can be lucky. Just need two people that want the car, and the means to pay for it for prices to go silly. It seems like it becomes a competition of life almost.
The last 2 bidders may have been locals and did not have to factor in transportation/freight etc into their purchase price.

I have been at auctions where bidders get carried away and spend more than new price on 2nd hand items.

i witnessed a husband and wife bidding against one another from opposites sides of the room for the same item ,very embarrassing, charity auction so it all went to a good cause ,but some red faces ,

• Haha
Reactions: COL