1961 dynamic wheel balancer video

Greenpeace

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
This seems pretty effective, be good for those French wheels with either no wheel studs or a weird stud pattern
Seems like it would be better than my old bubble balancer anyway.🤷‍♂️

This seems pretty effective, be good for those French wheels with either no wheel studs or a weird stud pattern
Seems like it would be better than my old bubble balancer anyway.🤷‍♂️

The problem with french cars is usually the lack of a center hole in the wheel. Even the modern poogoes suffer from this :( That is interesting though!

Back in the day, Repco offered three different technologies for balancing weird wheels:

Bubble static balancer
On-car dynamic balancer
Off-car dynamic balancer with adapter plates.

These days nothing new seems to handle our wheels. Just as well there are still a few of the old Repco machines around. I once bought a 3 phase Repco dynamic balancer even though I don't have 3 phase, just to get the set of adapter plates that came with it.

Roger

Very interesting. Seems to be a bit time consuming, but at one time it would've been cutting edge.

i have used a bubble balancer at the serivo i worked at back in the day ,i have had my 404 wheels ballanced at a local truck place on car ,but have had the center 50mm removed a while back ,when i widened so i can ballance them on a standard machine ,have made the center section removeable so i can re install it to mount the hub cap ,not pritty but no body sees it with the cap fitted ,have posted pics on here somewhere ,PUGS