1915 Renault Charabanc

56 Fregate

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Really, in New Zealand! Why didn't we know about this sooner?

311018nzhtbdriven01.jpg
311018nzhtbdriven02.jpg
311018nzhtbdriven03.jpg
311018nzhtbdriven04.jpg
311018nzhtbdriven05.jpg
311018nzhtbdriven06.jpg

Attachments

• 311018nzhtbdriven07.jpg
    311018nzhtbdriven07.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 311018nzhtbdriven08.jpg
    311018nzhtbdriven08.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 311018nzhtbdriven09.jpg
    311018nzhtbdriven09.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 311018nzhtbdriven10.jpg
    311018nzhtbdriven10.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 74
theres an old truck chassis for sale in AU, similar vintage but missing its wooden cab.

I think that one is long gone. A mate and I had a look at it just out of curiosity but it needed a lot of work. I think the the brother of the deceased owner whom we spoke with is also now deceased. The truck wasn't looking too good either.

There was another old truck in Victoria but it was much bigger and possible about mid 1930s. I'll see if I can find some pics.

I'd re-imagine something that 'gone' if it was scrap value. anything you do you are starting from scratch and anything to do it any justice is going to cost big money.

Love the dash and levers!

long gone as in moved on?

I've done an exhaustive Estafette search for a fellow Tasmanian and came up a blank in Queensland. Soz!
yea I did an extensive search myself a few years back and turned up with 2 initially promising, but dead ends.

One was a scrappy, but alas the van went the the gods a year earlier whilst sitting for years.

The other was an old bloke who worked for the company fitting and servicing the mr whippy vans.
His co worker friend apparently had squirreled some away in a barn that burned down.

He said there would have been at least a dozen banging around in Melbourne as mr whippy vans, some as late as the mid 80s.

Every Estafette line on Aussiefrogs has turned up "nothing here" except for the odd wreck from a few years ago. Pity.

p.s. if you're heading to Auckland at any stage take a visit to MOTAT near the city, There's are whole lot of retired volunteers who restore vehicles, I had a drive in an old Austin 7 as a field was one of the volunteers. The best part of the museum (Museum of transport and technology) is the old telephone exchange to show kids what we needed to do to call someone before the small screen arrived. Even some old rotary and step-by-step exchange components that I started working on before the NEC exchanges appeared.

p.s. if you're heading to Auckland at any stage take a visit to MOTAT near the city, There's are whole lot of retired volunteers who restore vehicles, I had a drive in an old Austin 7 as a field was one of the volunteers. The best part of the museum (Museum of transport and technology) is the old telephone exchange to show kids what we needed to do to call someone before the small screen arrived. Even some old rotary and step-by-step exchange components that I started working on before the NEC exchanges appeared.
Is that the museum with a Sandringham flying boat, ex-TEAL passenger aircraft?

It is interesting that kids have to be shown how to use a dial. Most just press the number and expect a result. We have a Step exchange and and number of old switch boards at out Historic Village kids love them.

It is interesting that kids have to be shown how to use a dial. Most just press the number and expect a result. We have a Step exchange and and number of old switch boards at out Historic Village kids love them.
dont forget the operator boards as well with all the cords!!