17 Resurrection

Jensen, first time I've seen the 17G finished! wow, might have taken a while but it looks fantastic! Well done.
yeah post some more pics! I feel like the last time I saw it was when it was on stockies and you were fussing about badges.

And so it begins...

Some of you will have seen Ian of Bannockburn fame's R17 project - here's how it looked in the back corner of the shed:

View attachment 134683

And loading onto a trailer

View attachment 134686

Many thanks to Ian - a lot of work has been done on this 17 to remove rust and prepare for painting - but still it is not a project for the faint-hearted! There is pretty much a complete car, but after all these years and a couple of moves, and bit of raiding and pillage - not all of it can be guaranteed or serviceable.

Many thanks to @angru for helping out with a missing bonnet. You are a legend! The only other bit of body work required is a drivers side front guard - I do have one, but it will take a bit of work to make good.

Also thanks to @Jensen for an R17 parts book - without the book and this R15 I picked up in Kaniva - there is no way I would tackle this project! And thanks to @putuguq for helping with collection and storage of said R15 and other bits from the Kaniva auction. It is a great community to be part of.

View attachment 134681

So begins the journey. It's now to be put on a rotisserie and sent off for painting via a sandblast shop. My aim is to get it up to a painted rolling chassis ASAP as it will then be much more manageable and arrest any potential deterioration.

George :)