16V and 8V exhaust ports

Chipper

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the 8V and the 16V exhaust ports are "the same"? By this, i mean spacing, port diameter etc?

Cheers

Chipper
smile.gif

Hi Chipper,

Ring Northshore Rallysports in sydney they have done a few mi16 conversions? I think this is what you are thinking of isn't it?

02 9906 5744

Nick

------------------
President of Peugeot GTi Autosport Club of Australia.
http://www.peugeot-gti.com

Nick,

Just called em then, and I now have the answer I was after. They are totally different, 8 port vs 4 port for the 8v.

Plus I got the dimensions I was after as well for the wedge so I can retain the standard manifold.

Thanks again mate

Chipper
smile.gif

also, the 8v exhaust probably wont last,not sure about jr and the others but i know a few people in the UK that have had to change to an exhaust designed for an mi or similar as their standard one keeps dying.

Andreas

Andreas,

I wonder if I can "modify" my current headers, they are custom jobbies, so i could prolly cut the primary runners off, and get a new set made down to the collectors....hmmmm....could be an alternative to the standard ones or getting a totally new set made up...

BTW, got the dosh, all is a goer as long as the engine checks out.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Chipper

Murat,

No, i have had many offers of assistance from some good folk in Sydney to look at it and take some happy snaps for me, so it will be viewed this weekend (hopefully) and on its way to sunny qld next week if all checks out.
smile.gif

Cheers

Chipper