'15 208 gearbox oil counter reset

kenzieabc

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone can point me to the right direction.
Looking to change my gearbox oil on my '15 208 1.2 Turbo with 6 speed auto (EAT6).
I want to reset the gearbox counter but unsure which software or scan tool to be used.
I know with Volvo to use DICE and VIDA.
From what I read looks like Lexia Diagbox or PP2000 is the one for Pug.
Will any good scan tool can reset the gearbox oil counter or is it specific to Diagbox or PP2000?
Can anyone please explain the difference between Diagbox and PP2000?
Looking to buy this one from ebay

Please let me know if this is the right one and share your experience in using Diagbox or PP2000.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Kenzie

Hi Kenzie,
the perenial questions. Some answers as I have not used them for quite some time.
First you must use the old 32 bit computer systems like XP etc. They will not work on modern 64 bit computers. That is the first problem to find a working old laptop. A person here did suggest a place to get a version that works on a modern computer and might reply.
Some quality(expensive) scanners can reset some things on these cars if you have a specific brand package but generally cheap ones do not.

The two programs above are the same basically. PP2000 was the Peugeot version and Lexia was Citroen version. I believe they merged them years ago into Diabox. Lexia is the original old name from many years ago.

The programs offered on Ebay and Alibaba are all clone copies of the genuine factory software, some good, some not as good. They are all difficult to setup and use if you are not computer savvy, so be warned. You need to practice and play to get them to work OK. But working correctly they should be able to do everything a dealer can do with a computer program.

So you buy several things in the package(all cloned from original factory supplied items).
First the hardware interface. This is a 'smart' device which translates the signals between the OBD port and the computer and back again. And also a few cables that might be helpful to connect but some may not be used in normal use.

Second the Software program on a CD or download. The factory updates the software regularly to cover new models and problems etc, so it has a number to identify the version. EG V7.83, the higher the number the later version and the greater cost probably. You may not need a very late version if your car was made years ago anyway.
I hope this has been helpful even if it was not the answer you wanted. Use the search function on Aussie Frogs to find more discussion.
Jaahn

Last edited:
A further comment. Since the source of all Diagbox copies is unknown, never install or use the software in a computer which is online. Disable the internet first. You don't want it to call home.