Fuse for electric mirrors on 2012 C5?

Jeff H

Tadpole
Hi all

My C5 sedan 2012 model electric side mirrors on both driver and passenger sides stopped working yesterday. They are fixed in closed mode even when driving. I figured this sounds like a fuse issue so I looked up the owners book and found 2 fuses which look like they are the right ones.

G30 5A Heated rear view mirrors, or
F17 40A Heated rear screen - Exterior heated rear view mirrors

I inspected these 2 fuses and they are ok. Are these mirrors on another fuse perhaps not documented? Or is there another issue that could cause both mirrors to fail at the same time?

Have you tried folding them with the switch on the door normally have a mental breakdown

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Have you tried folding them with the switch on the door normally have a mental breakdown

You mean try and open the mirrors using the adjustment controls on the drivers door?
No I haven't tried that yet as I don't hear any motorized sound coming from the mirrors if I lock/unlock the car, but I will go try that, thanks!

Yeah pull the switch back from the middle it must be in the center position

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Yeah pull the switch back from the middle it must be in the center position

Genius, thank you, it worked! I moved the mirror select switch from middle to the right and back again and the mirrors reset themselves. Guess it was a software glitch. Anyway I'm happy that worked, I wasn't looking forward to fumbling around in that small fuse block trying all the fuses.

If the mirrors get hit while folded this happens

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Genius, thank you, it worked! I moved the mirror select switch from middle to the right and back again and the mirrors reset themselves. Guess it was a software glitch. Anyway I'm happy that worked, I wasn't looking forward to fumbling around in that small fuse block trying all the fuses.

Well done dmccurtayne, and thanks for the feedback Jeff - all too often we don't hear the outcome of advice given.

Cheers
Chris

Now added to the thread of excellent threads for ease of future reference.