XM V6 Bottom radiator hose needed

Motorgnome

Fellow Frogger
G'day.
I'm chasing a bottom radiator hose for an XM V6, 12 valve. (PRV engine) new or useable second is ok with me.
Cheers, Jason

1535360624864.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using aussiefrogs mobile app

Your car maybe lacks the oil cooler under the oil filter as the V6s I've see will have an extra pipe coming off the branch and going to the cooler. I have a used spare, but it's not going to directly suit your setup for that reason and it also feels a little soggy in places. Don't forget these fitted hoses are now pushing 30 years old, so fabricating something new is likely going to be the way to go.

Note also that the early top hose top hose had a T in it near the radiator connector and that version is NFP/NLA, although the later version (part# ends in G3) was and probably still is ... at a price! They tend to bloat at the elbow, so a good candidate for a fabricated replacement. Look for the thread on what addo made up for his 605.

Hoses_early_BVAHotCountries.jpg Hoses_early_ExceptHotCountries.jpg

Edit: Addo's top hose solution:
http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/113328-605-xm-prv-top-hose.html

Last edited:
Thanks David!..You really are "Mr XM"!

You are correct in that the pictured hose is off an English Import vehicle that Doesn't have an engine oil cooler...Evidently, they didn't get them in the UK til around 94. That English import XM is a "Parts car" for my Australian delivered Series 1, which does have the engine oil cooler...The hoses on both cars are internally degraded..like you say, they are old now & these two examples certainly haven't had love splashed about on them in their past..both cooling systems were a mess, with rusted pipes in the valley, blocked/leaking radiators etc.. I'm not too concerned if I run an oil cooler or not, as the car will only be a weekend car now, oil technology has improved since 1990 & the sump holds quite a lot of oil, so I don't feel it is of as great an importance as it was when the car was new. Running without an engine oil cooler opens up more opportunities to get the hoses from the UK or Mainland Europe models as well.. I'll see what turns up & make a decision from there.

Thanks for the tip about Addo & making up a new hose..I will go & search for the thread.

Talk again soon

Jason