123 ignition

bazzamac

Fellow Frogger
Anyone had experience with installation and operation of 123 ignition system generally or in particular a Renault motor (R16 or similar)? Have a price for one from the supplier in Melbourne - $676 including express delivery. Has to be good for that price?!!

I've had one on the R8 for a couple of years now, and for a decade on the Citroen CX. Excellent devices. Are you getting the TUNE version that allows you to adjust centrifugal and vacuum advance curves? I took their advice and bought a coil too - there's a primary resistance spec to meet. The Australian supplier is very responsive too. I wouldn't claim noticeable difference in performance but starting is dramatically better from cold. And, of course, I don't think about points and capacitor any more.

Reactions: COL
Hi Bazzamac.
I have one on my 807 engine. Easy to install. Set crank to TDC and then turn the body until LED lights up! That's it. As Johnw said, you can setup your own curve values. The 123TUNE USB is the one I have which has onboard switchable x 2 curves . Didn't bother with the BlueTooth one. I had a nice long usb cable, sit at the laptop and tune.

Reactions: COL
I have bought one for my R5A conversion - pricey, but I needed a dizzy in any case. Yet to set it up. Otherwise, I would probably have fitted a "Hot Spark" ignition for the ducellier dizzy as is already in use on my 1108 motor. Have been very happy with that set up.

A good benefit with new is no worn out parts causing irratic tune jumping back and forth. These are a billet body and very well made.

Yep I have one on the R5 Alpine engine in the A110...USB version....Ray set it up. It works really well.
Only thing is I had to buy it from a 123 re-seller in Germany due to the longer shaft.

I had to buy it from a 123 re-seller in Germany
Yes
Yours Nauli

Have them in the 404 and son's 240Z, about to go into my Zed too

Easy to install and thereafter pretty much no maintenance. Wise to get slightly upgraded coil ( Bosch Blue ) but mine worked perfectly well with my normal Bosch GT40

My experience is similar to John's - no massive increase in power, but better starting and smoothness. The ability to tune the centrifugal and vacuum curves with the iPhone/Pad is also handy, although I am still at the 'baby steps' stage of this

Can thoroughly recommend

Best Wishes

Andrew