Blower Fan

finny12

Fellow Frogger
I have a 2004 Citroen C5 HDI Limited Edition Estate wagon the blower fan has stopped working I have replace the fan and I have also replaced the resistor that works the blower fan and aircon but still doesnot work I have taken the blower fan out an had it checked it works fine but wont work in the car. The fan emblem show up on the screen an show it is working nut it not the light stays on an doesnot gout so all circumstances it should be working does anybody have any ideas at all Thankyou very much in advance. There is no power going to the fuse for the blower fan even with car engine running now im really confused

Last edited:
It's really a situation where you need either a good sparkie or genuine diagnostic gear.

There may be a fault with the control panel, or the wiring to the fan. With ignition on, do you have 12 volts to the thick wire on Pin 6 of the fan controller plug, and a permanent ground to Pin 1 of the same plug?

Sounds like the symptoms I had with a blown fan resistor module. I have gone through 2 of these - the first I fixed with a replacement "transistor" and the second time I had to buy a new module (off of EBay) as my soldering/repair had damaged the Cct board.
Maybe you need to check the plugs into the module?
Cheers
Michael
C5
BX Estate
BX16v

I have 2 new modules in still made no difference so the problem is some where else as I recently purchased another resister still no good not working

Hi,
I have not much idea from here. But some thoughts !
Silly to ask, that you have checked the fuse?
The BSI would have a electronic switch to turn it on. This may have failed perhaps.
Jaahn

I would not even know where to look for that fuse some one also suggested to me maybe the Pollen Filtre in the car is blocked but again I have no idea where to start looking for that eitherf

It has to be something really simple. Make sure that nothing is mechanically stopping the fan from turning when it is mounted. And check the voltage at the fan connector terminals. And I'd be checking the fuse as well. It will be a 30amp or higher one.

Last edited:
I would not even know where to look for that fuse some one also suggested to me maybe the Pollen Filtre in the car is blocked but again I have no idea where to start looking for that eitherf
Hi finny12,
I would suggest to look in the Owners Book. The normal fuses are in the glovebox behind a panel on the LH end which just clips in. I cannot say which one it is, others with a book may help.
I doubt the pollen filter would be so clogged it would be 100% blocked however ??? The book.
Jaahn

These are good maps, Adam. :)
Can you nod at the one showing the wiring for the windscreen washer bottle level sensor ?

Thanks. :D

Unit 5110? I don't think it's on that selection of diagrams. Will message you if I can find it.

Edit: Don't have the diagram for a C5, looking at a C3 it goes from pin 1 of the grey sensor on the reservoir, to Pin 23 of the BSI's 40-pin black plug.

I have the best I could Im not that savy with this type of thing it really out of my range so im going to find some one here in town who has the equipment to check for the problem

Save and print the wiring diagrams for your tradie, if they do not pay attention to them, they are not worth you paying.

Very True I have saved all the diagrams you sent me Thankyou very much finding a good auto electrician to work on one of these cars wont be easy there are Auto Electrician and Auto Electrician how ever my next step is to goto the dealer ship and get it tested see what they come up with as they are new dealership in town

Hey Finny, the "blower fan" fuse is not in the glovebox, it's under the bonnet. It's under the cover in the back RHS when standing in front of the car. It's under the cover which covers the front wheel sphere and fuse box.( Passenger side ) The fuse for the blower is number 18. It's a big one, it's 40 amps. It's the bottom right hand fuse, right in the corner. Pull that one out and test it with an ohm meter. You should get ZERO resistance if it's good, or INFINITE resistance if it's broken.
Good luck.

Finny,

The CCCQ mag lists West Star Motors corner James and Hume Streets for Citroen parts and service in Toowoomba.

Cheers,

Ken

Yes West star has just taken over the Citroen Dealership yes I will be checking them out very soon

I moved the switches on the Climate control panel the fan light display went and did not come back on for quite some time so maybe it in there but will be checking the fuses under the bonnet did not know they were there thanks