Correct EOLYS for my C5?

leithant

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Hello,

My 06 2.2 needs a refill, and according to my RPO should take 176/Infineum.
After buying some, I remove the cover and find that it has white connectors on the tank, not green, which should signify the older dpx142 is required!

I'm confused, I thought dpx only went till 2002 or thereabouts.

If anyone can quickly shed some light on this quickly it would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Leith.

Your C5 would never have used DPX. It would have been delivered with 176, but that was superceded by Infineum or Powerflex, depending on the model. From memory, Infineum for the tanks and Powerflex for the bladders (not designed for refilling). You are not supposed to mix Infineum and Powerflex, but they both mix with 176.

You'll need to get someone to reset the additive ECU so it knows it's no longer empty.

Thanks, guru David. Just can't figure out why the white connectors, as the colour is meant to signify what to use.

I do have a lexia, but on that issue, I haven't been able to find a definite answer as to whether the car keeps dosing when it says it's low, or does the reset just clear the message, and reset the countdown.

And further is there a second message saying it's empty after the low warning?

hi, just adding my 06 c5 also has white connectors, but it seems not relevant

hi, just adding my 06 c5 also has white connectors, but it seems not relevant

Thanks for responding, Hayden. How did you reach that conclusion? I've heard the opposite, and still not satisfied that I've got to the bottom of it.

from this thread... now you've got me confused :) on an ebay listing for eolys 172 seller mentions dpx only upto 2002 also this table in sedre
o.JPG

what makes you think it could be dpx apart from click fit color ? im about to order some fluid so happy to work this out with you.

do you know what color eolys 172 is ? as the remnants of the fluid in my system where brown... will do more poking around and see what i find

The first C5 in Australia with a particle filter was the facelifted 2.2HDi 4 speeder released at the start of 2005. Since RP 9492 corresponds to November 2002, DPX is not relevant for Citroen models in Australia. If you own a Pug it may be a different story. While Eolys 176 was supplied when new up to around the start of 2010 per those RP values, I expect you'd be supplied with Infineum or Powerflex to replace it, depending on the model. They all look like a deep brown soup with a touch or red. If you can salvage the fluid from a wreck and handle it safely, fair enough, but just remember you are not meant to mix Infinuem (C5/C6 tank) and Powerflex (bagged in C4/Picasso). The most sensible thing is to look up your VIN in Citroen Service and obtain the part number of the recommended product for that car.

thanks, this is the is what i was thinking too. i got a reply from a seller on ebay along same lines, he is checking my vin:

[h=3]Hi,
the DPX 42 fits on car until year 2002... from november 2002 to march 2010 was used only Eolys 176
However, if you want, you can give me your VIN and i make the check on citroen software.
For more information i'm at your disposal.[/h]

Thanks for the link Haydn. It does seem there that it should be 176, but no-one seems to be able to explain why the click fit is the wrong color. Maybe I'll just go ahead and use the infineum with fingers crossed.