Where can I get a Suspension Pump for 2005 Citroen C5 V6?

C5V6_kamikaze

Tadpole
So I have a 2005 C5 Exclusive V6 Hatchback 5dr Spts Auto 6sp 3.0i

From the last service it's apparent it needs a new suspension pump

I've been quoted $3000+ for part and fitting, and been told it'll take three weeks+ to be ordered esp. from France

Given the cost and lead time, would it be cheaper for me to order the part myself? Where would I start?

I have NO INTENTION of fitting it myself btw :)

It's probably the motor brushes (4 of them) gummed up with carbon and oil residue. Has the reservoir been leaking onto the pump? Have a look and if it's sticky all over, there's a good chance the LDS has worked it's way inside. They can be cleaned with possible success.

If you need to replace the pump, get a used pump from a wrecked later car (lots of change from $3K!), BUT, you need to be sure it's the right one. I'm not sure when the ECU changed to be full CAN system, but it would have been around 2005/6, maybe when the face lifted cars were released. What that means is that your car needs the correct ECU, but you could swap your own to a new pump. The pumps themselves differ in that the early pump has an extra port on it that the late pumps do not have. So, you need to take that into account or you may have to modify the plumbing.