LHM & Air Filter Stickers

DX5

Tadpole
Thought I'd start a new thread for this as couldn't see anything on this particular subject anywhere:

What should the main sticker be on the top of the LHM reservoir on a '74 DS? :confused:It seems like there are two types - a green one in french, 'NIVEAU: voir notice ~ LHM' and a yellow one, showing a container with simply 'LHM'. From what I can glean, on green painted reservoirs you got the green sticker on French domestic cars while all export models tended to get the yellow sticker. When the later non-painted reservoirs came out, you just got the green sticker regardless (presumably all part of a cost saving as the unpainted reservoir doesn't have any of the blurb printed on its side either). Does that sound right as I'm wondering what should go on mine, long since washed away...

IMG_1355_1.JPG IMAG0408_1.jpg IMAG0358_1.jpg

While on stickers, I'm also curious about the late type injection air cleaner sticker. It looks like the same one as on the carby type filter. It mentions washing and dipping the element. What exactly was in there in the way of an element originally? Mesh/ foam? It was an old paper element I took out and a new paper one I put in (Honda CRV 2002 onwards very good fit :approve:). Not going to be washing and oil soaking that! ~ All the parts drawings I've seen only show the earlier/ carb type air cleaner.

IMG_1356_1.JPG IMG_1357_1.JPG

I've been meaning to ask these questions for ages but never got round to it, hope they're easy ones...:)

Cheers,

Richard.

I dont think there is a clear right or wrong.
eg:
My June 74 DSpecial (2nd owner) has a green painted reservoir with the white writing and green niveau decal on top.
My Dec 74 DS23 Safari (4th owner) has a non painted reservoir with remains of the yellow LHM can decal and the small Total sticker by the cap.
A Dec 74 DSpecial I once owned (owner No.4) for a few year (that turned into a hippy car about 10 years ago) had an unpainted reservoir with a green sticker.
All these cars are/were Australian specification delivery cars.

:confused:

Thanks for the reply. Now I'm confused though! Your first & third examples seem to make good sense but number 2 has thrown a spanner in the works. It seems as though now they just had a bunch of both stickers and bunged on whatever they felt like. Surely not :crazy: !!!

What should the main sticker be on the top of the LHM reservoir on a '74 DS?

Cheers,

Richard.

Richard,
I know nothing :clown: I may have one of the green tank top stickers if you determine that these would be correct for your car - may take some finding I'll let you know either way.

On the subject of engine bay stickers, is anyone doing reproduction stickers for CX?

Gerry for you I'd be happy to build up a set, I'd need good reference images and exact sizes.

Cheers
Chris

Hi Gerry,

I'll check that CX2400 here that appears to be an early one like yours and see if it's stickers still exist and are good enough to use as templates.

seeya,
Shane L.

Hi Chris,
Thank you for that very kind offer, I'll leave it in your hands and if ever any of the green stickers surface I'd be delighted to affix one to my reservoir, it'd give me an incentive to clean the grimy thing to boot!

Just as an edit, I thought I'd hit on the answer a while back. With my Hercule Poirot hat on :spy: I noticed the sticker silhouette on top of the reservoir had a corner missing where it meets the rim circumference. Ah ha, the offerings from Franzose clearly show the yellow sticker missing its corner, the green one not, so it must be the yellow one. But then I saw a green one in a picture and that had the corner missing too. :eek: The second image I originally posted appears to be that way as well.

LHM Sticker.JPGLHM Sticker Export.jpg

On the basis anything appropriate is better than nowt and what was ever there is now lost in the sands of time, a green one can't be wrong. :)

Thanks for the replies,
Regards,

Richard.

Hi Chris,
Thank you for that very kind offer, I'll leave it in your hands and if ever any of the green stickers surface I'd be delighted to affix one to my reservoir, it'd give me an incentive to clean the grimy thing to boot!
Richard.

Not that it really helps, but my car is a '74 D Special with a silver reservoir and had a very crumbled green sticker. One of the reasons I made reproductions. Why doesn't it help? My car had a complete engine gearbox transplant (23/ 5 speed/ crossflow radiator etc.) who now knows what it had originally? I think the correct fitment of either options should have the corner cut off, I didn't bother but it would be easy to do the snip :eek:

I'm sure I have a few somewhere, I'll have a good look over the weekend.

Cheers
Chris

Hi Gerry,

I'll check that CX2400 here that appears to be an early one like yours and see if it's stickers still exist and are good enough to use as templates.

seeya,
Shane L.
Thanks mate that would be terrific.
There is a bloke in town that makes self adhesive signs maybe he is able to reproduce these stickers ??????

Thanks mate that would be terrific.
There is a bloke in town that makes self adhesive signs maybe he is able to reproduce these stickers ??????

Nothing left on the early cx2400. There should be a yellow sticker on the inlet trumpet next to the coolant reseviour. I'll find it somewhere (it's probably not changed over the life of the car). Is there any other stickers you can think of ? The green car buried in the back of the shed might have them.

I reckon there is someone on Aussiefrogs that could help out with the stickers........ We'd need to find a good template to use though.

seeya,
Shane L.

On the subject of engine bay stickers, is anyone doing reproduction stickers for CX?

Gerry for you I'd be happy to build up a set, I'd need good reference images and exact sizes.

Cheers
Chris

I reckon there is someone on Aussiefrogs that could help out with the stickers........ We'd need to find a good template to use though.

seeya,
Shane L.

:confused: :confused: I must be on both your ignore lists :D :roflmao: :D

Offer still stands, Gerry... :blush:

Cheers
Chris

Nothing left on the early cx2400. There should be a yellow sticker on the inlet trumpet next to the coolant reseviour. I'll find it somewhere (it's probably not changed over the life of the car). Is there any other stickers you can think of ? The green car buried in the back of the shed might have them.

seeya,
Shane L.
The stickers are as follows;-
Air intake trumpet.
LHM Reservoir.
Radiator.
Oil Filler cap.
Service precaution sticker on front RH wheel arch.
Air filter housing.

Last edited:
:confused: :confused: I must be on both your ignore lists :D :roflmao: :D

Offer still stands, Gerry... :blush:

Cheers35698_1.jpg35697_1.jpg35696_1.jpg35693_1.jpg35700_1.jpg35686_1.jpg
Chris
Sorry Chris ---I am not deliberately ignoring anyone---- your offer is fantastic!
I spent the last few days smoothing out mud guards for my 11B Legere and have not looked at AF for a while.
To follow up on your offer would mean finding a set of stickers that would be good enough to use to generate art work. Do you know anyone that could manage such a find? Certainly my stickers are long gone.
I did once try to reproduce the stickers using 'MS Word' with only limited results. I printed them on paper and laminated them. Of course they did not last. Neither was the accuracy any good regarding colour, script style or spacing.
I have inserted some that I had downloaded from various sources.
The word document renditions are not totally accurate but may be good enough if no better source becomes available. The Word Doc is my own work. This is how I know to question the accuracy!!!!!!!!!!!
Scaling to correct size will be an issue!

Attachments

• CX ENGINE BAY STICKERS.doc
    24 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
I'll check all the cars around here. I don't have high hopes.... What about the stickers inside the drivers door opening :confused:

I'll check all the cars around here. I don't have high hopes.... What about the stickers inside the drivers door opening :confused:

I remember doing some work for Maxim Motors for a compliance sticker that sat on the support panel that ran across the front of the car, red on white? We also printed on the red warning light on the dash I think 'STOP' in white.

I'm sure with the collective AF crew we should be able to get decent photos and sizes of the various stickers. Anyone with good pics taken as square on as possible can email to me greenblood(at)aussiefrogs(dot)com with accurate sizes.

Cheers
Chris

It is the one that is fourth in the line from the left! However this may be the French edition as it is multi language and does not show tyre pressures. I Have/had the original ( I think it must be in a safe place ---- you know how it goes with safe places). I am sure that the tyre pressure were on it and it had a car icon as a graphic.
I notice that on the one in my post that the line of English at the bottom of the sticker is not complete in its translation from the French.

Chris the Word document at least will print to the correct size for the stickers and whilst I say that it may not be 100% accurate, it is at least very very close.
I have not got a correct size for the ''én case de surchauffe" sticker for the fresh air intake. Which is of course intended for the header tank and placed as close to it as possible.

We might be able to do this. on the weekend I'll try to clean the stickers and measure them (touching them may destroy them though). I might have the tyre pressure sticker on the green car, but I'd have to get it running to move it forward (or drag it forward with a 4wd) in order to open the drivers door. Given the various stickers and photoshop we might be able to "create" a good example of them.

cxstick9.jpgcxstick1.jpgcxstick2.jpgcxstick3.jpgcxstick4.jpgcxstick5.jpgcxstick6.jpgcxstick7.jpgcxstick8.jpg

seeya,
Shane L.

We might be able to do this. on the weekend I'll try to clean the stickers and measure them (touching them may destroy them though). I might have the tyre pressure sticker on the green car, but I'd have to get it running to move it forward (or drag it forward with a 4wd) in order to open the drivers door. Given the various stickers and photoshop we might be able to "create" a good example of them.

View attachment 36850View attachment 36851View attachment 36852View attachment 36853View attachment 36854View attachment 36855View attachment 36856View attachment 36857View attachment 36858

seeya,
Shane L.
Gee Shane, you did well to find all of those!
Did you have a look at the ones I did in Word? they are not that far off the mark!

BX Stickers

sticker1final.jpgsticker2final.jpgstickerlunetafinal.jpg

Here are some BX ones for future reference. The first two are just for the slam panel.
The Large total one goes inside the rear glass.

191 x 32 mm for the Total and projecteurs sticker
187 x 43 mm for the Cooling Liquid yellow miltilingual sticker
158 x 58 mm for the Citroën and Total rear window sticker

Missing are the LHM, tyre inflation, and Engine specifics stickers.
Cheers,
Chris W