1.6 HDI often losing power

alpine

Fellow Frogger
A friend in UK has an Active E 2008 1.6 HDI pug only 17000 km, often just loses power, pull over turn off, cool down a bit, then it recovers , no luck with diagnosing the problem in UK..... any clues ?.

this is a disappointing recent purchase, after battling to keep a CX on the salty roads

What fault codes is it reading Colin? I've managed to sort ours with some help from Coles and Mister Curtayne. But he'll need a code reader and a bit of software to begin to work it out.
Mine had a camshaft sensor, a crank sensor, a fan relay , various turbo hoses and the turbo pressure valve cleaned out. But it's got about 250,000K's .
Without the Delphi diag tool it would have cost a fortune.

Thanks Dan , will pass that info on ,

do hope the rampant red devil has kept his distance from you !!

Hey Colin,
Thanks for asking, hope you're ok too.
So far we are safe but after stories heard a couple of nights ago we should not be complacent.
Down at Rappville there was a brick place with lots of very short grass all around which burned to the ground just like all the rest. It's hard to comprehend the ferocity that occurs on very hot windy days.

I had a 1.6 HDi 307 which had an unusual similar thing. One of the electrical leads to one of the injectors had a break in it. Sometimes it would feel like it was only running on 3 cylinders, which in one of these meant an awful lot of loss of power. With a jiggle or two it would connect again and run fine. I temporarily fixed it by tying it into a 'good connecting' position with a rubber band, but then did a permanent fix with a soldering iron. It probably isn't this, but the idea might spark something for you.
Regards, Erik