étiquette de reproduction

56 Fregate

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Cats and kittens, I am desirous of reproducing a label like this, can anyone tell me the dimensions please..?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    185.6 KB · Views: 1,167
I expect you will want to make it for yourself, but there is a company at Salisbury, Queensland Nameplate that may be able to help you.

Okay so we have established the size by scaling off a known value, the diamond plate.

Alan yes I will etch it myself but it sure will be fiddly with the minute script, I'll have a go anyway.

121058d1590644601-%E9tiquette-de-reproduction-dd.jpg
dd.jpg

erm, pretty sure I have a few floating around in my collection of old things. They would all be the same as the more modern ones wouldn't they.

erm, pretty sure I have a few floating around in my collection of old things. They would all be the same as the more modern ones wouldn't they.
I guess why would they not be the same? Fair enough - and rivet sizes as Mr Seasink observed!

Absolutely yes to the copper rivets, pretty sure they didn't use aluminium pop rivets in the 1930s. Not that I'd ever have a use for them mind..:jig:

It's done and dusted if you found it at E5 online. I would have had a go in black or grey PLA or ABS just to enjoy the designing and 3D printing.

Found!

Good ol' ebay fr and only 5€. Now I just need to pretty it up a tad.

View attachment 203743
Wow, well found. That'll look superb when you've had your way with it! Then you can make a batch. :) I think I forgot to thank you for returning the un-required vent by Dauphine. It is now hanging up in the garage again.

Gonz, Being an old schooler I've had a play with acid etching in recent years and reckon it's a worthy skill-set for any keen tinkerer to acquire. Here's a couple of replicas direct from my facility.

3D printing will need to improve quite a bit before I'll consider trying it.

Attachments

• 12w.jpg
    12w.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 122
  • dddd.jpg
    dddd.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 128
Wow, well found. That'll look superb when you've had your way with it! Then you can make a batch. :) I think I forgot to thank you for returning the un-required vent by Dauphine. It is now hanging up in the garage again.
Next to your Etching I suspect?

Thanks to you as well.
1650685087606.png

That'll do; it's legible and still bears 90 odd years of patina, just as it should. Now I just need a car to put it on.

IMG_4288.JPG

Yes something will turn up I'm sure. We live on the wrong side the equator but I guess a miracle might happen.