Caravelle Parts cleanout

chris hartwell

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Now that the Caravelle is sold I have a quantity of mostly restored parts for sale.

2x 32pbic carburettors, as new, vapour blasted with new jets and gaskets .$200 each
5x calipers, vapour blasted , new pistons and seal kit.2x rear, 3x front. $75 each
1x steering wheel, immaculate $495
3x speedo clusters, 1x kph, 2x mph $85 each
1x water pump, perfect with new bearings.$95
2x Road wheels, sandblasted, painted silver $50 each
5x Inner tubes , some Michelin used. $40
1x Radiator, cleaned, pressure tested $200
4x sets R8/R10/Caravelle caliper seal kits $20 each
Numerous caliper square seals , caliper holding rubber blocks, pistons, bleaders etc.
1x Caravelle radio delete panel. $125
1x Caravelle heater assembly $125
50x Renault N.O.S. wheel nuts $3.00 each
1x Generator $50
Huge selection of just about every clip or fastener needed for R10/Caravelle, all zinc replated.
Many original i.e. unrestored French shock absorbers with the peculiar rebound rubbers . $20 each.
1x Caravelle mudguard script 'Caravelle' badge $50
1x Gear lever , chromed , with perfect gearknob $110
So many other bits and pieces including replated L/R door catches, L/R replated inner door remotes with new springs.
1x Caravelle hartop restored but not assembled, all fittings rechromed, new side glass, new rubbers, new headlining $1500
DAUPHINE N.O.S. front guard, unrestored fuel tank, rear screen, heater assembly, etc

I'm in Wahroonga, Sydney, so if you are restoring a Renault and need a part, message me or PM me as I have too much to list here.
Chris Hartwell.

Reactions: COL
Now that the Caravelle is sold I have a quantity of mostly restored parts for sale.

2x 32pbic carburettors, as new, vapour blasted with new jets and gaskets .$200 each
5x calipers, vapour blasted , new pistons and seal kit.2x rear, 3x front. $75 each
Numerous caliper square seals , caliper holding rubber blocks, pistons, bleaders etc.
1x Generator $50
Huge selection of just about every clip or fastener needed for R10/Caravelle, all zinc replated.
Many original i.e. unrestored French shock absorbers with the peculiar rebound rubbers . $20 each.
So many other bits and pieces including replated L/R door catches, L/R replated inner door remotes with new springs.
1x Caravelle hartop restored but not assembled, all fittings rechromed, new side glass, new rubbers, new headlining $1500
DAUPHINE N.O.S. front guard, unrestored fuel tank, rear screen, heater assembly, etc

I'm in Wahroonga, Sydney, so if you are restoring a Renault and need a part, message me or PM me as I have too much to list here.
Chris Hartwell.
Hi Chris I have just started work on a 1970 Renault 10 and am new to this model will the brake calipers you have fit the 10 Regards Steve

Bit late but the disc brake calipers from a Caravelle are the same as an R10. Most of the underpinnings of the Caravelle are the same as an R10. Chris's restored parts are always very nice.

1x Generator $50

Chris Hartwell.
Such a good idea to vapour blast the callipers! How do the backs of the grooves look?

1x Generator $50

Chris Hartwell.
Chris would you have a wiper motor ? that might suit my 6 volt 1962 dauphine ?

Hi Chris what Dauphine part’s do you have left
Hi Mr Timkey,
I have 5x used inner tubes, front sidelights, headlamp wiring with plugs, front fender sidelights new, 1x clutch plate, indicator stalk/switch, top radiator hose used good, water inlet bakelite fitting, headlight, 2x interior mirrors, battery hold down clamp, spare wheel ring and spring, 2x air inlet grills, heater core, 6v relay box factory, 2x N.O.S. wheel cylinder kits, N.O.S. carb kit (not complete), 4x headlight rims, wheelbrace clamp, 3x N.O.S. axle seals, dipstick, sidelight lens, 65mm set rings new, 2x N.O.S. French H/L relays.
There is probably other parts, but if you are interested in the lot PM me and we can discuss. Chris.
I also have Dauphine Driving and Maintenance book-very rare, Floyd ClymersOwners and maintenance handbook and a set of workshop manuals.

Last edited: