Ep6 engine swap

dimistyle

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Ok thinking out loud again

Problem: wife overhead the trusty EP6 turbo T7 308 engine yesterday. Had it towed back to investigate damage.
Well its the worse case scenario, oil cap no longer held any pressure and spat a lot of oil out before stalling on the M1 at a petrol station exit so at least she was off the highway.

Now as the daughter also loved this vehicle as her learners car i was thinking of just swapping a low km engine into it.

Yet to check if up and out or a drop and drag for the 308 early series.

Question I know this is also the N14 Mini motor which there seems to have many low km engines for sale in the marketplace but how do you know if they are 100% swap compatible are all the external components the same.
Fuel rail, vacuum connections, manifolds etc?

There's also a few low km 308 T7s in QLD so a few options to look into.

Anyone removed the engine from a 308 T7 before, any hints or don't do's before we contemplate a solution?

Ok thinking out loud again

Problem: wife overhead the trusty EP6 turbo T7 308 engine yesterday. Had it towed back to investigate damage.
Well its the worse case scenario, oil cap no longer held any pressure and spat a lot of oil out before stalling on the M1 at a petrol station exit so at least she was off the highway.

Now as the daughter also loved this vehicle as her learners car i was thinking of just swapping a low km engine into it.

Yet to check if up and out or a drop and drag for the 308 early series.

Question I know this is also the N14 Mini motor which there seems to have many low km engines for sale in the marketplace but how do you know if they are 100% swap compatible are all the external components the same.
Fuel rail, vacuum connections, manifolds etc?

There's also a few low km 308 T7s in QLD so a few options to look into.

Anyone removed the engine from a 308 T7 before, any hints or don't do's before we contemplate a solution?
Jeepers and just like that 2 x ep6 engines available, 1 in the next neighbourhood with electrical problems but low kms and 1 with a dodgy AL4 also similar kms to our current.

No to decide if I can be $#@ pulling the front end off 2x 308s to do an engine swap on council property......maybe the neighbours won't complain this time😏

Will decide over the weekend if this is viable or not.

We remove the front of the car and lift out the front, still need hoist to remove exhaust and drive shafts etc

Thanks Balki, still tossing up if we do the swap as the doner Pug in the next suburb may be an easier fix as service dealer has put the faults down to the BSI so that's in my realm of repair

Yes front of car off, read all about it engine & box all together.

Sounds like fun😔