Ray's Grenouille Verte R10 !!!!

Well Yesterday marked the finish of sanding and polishing !!!

It has been put on the back burner for a while, to sort other peoples jobs, and earn a bit of funds for rent for the next few months. But 3 weeks ago got back to finishing paint. Now I can re-assemble the poor car, which has been apart for far too long.

Ray
Vert Polish 2.jpg
Vert Sand and polish.jpg
Vert Polish 2.jpgVert Sand and polish.jpg

Well Yesterday marked the finish of sanding and polishing !!!

It has been put on the back burner for a while, to sort other peoples jobs, and earn a bit of funds for rent for the next few months. But 3 weeks ago got back to finishing paint. Now I can re-assemble the poor car, which has been apart for far too long.

Ray
View attachment 137391View attachment 137392View attachment 137391View attachment 137392
You could almost believe you've done this before Ray. :) Lovely finish.

Sexy....now for the rims!
Rims are made already, as these are only for rolling it around on, and getting overspray on. A little "splash graphics" and they would look right in with the times. And the rocker cover and aircleaner.

nauli you worry too much .......

Ray

Todays work was finishing the wiring for under dash. I now have a modified R17 ignition switch, with a nice return spring on the start position. And it has a ancilleries position, so I can run my MP3 amp off of that as well as the GPS speedo. I could now also fit the intended solinoid for the starter system. No load on the key at all.

20210715_100549.jpeg20210715_101156.jpeg

Rims are made already, as these are only for rolling it around on, and getting overspray on. A little "splash graphics" and they would look right in with the times. And the rocker cover and aircleaner.

nauli you worry too much .......

Ray
I seem to remember seeing those rims, very cool, the orange colour burnt into my memory

Busa.....
This is what you are thinking of, but I also have a nother set of White wheels, newly painted with Mitchy Zxs on for real classic look. Unfortunately sitting in the container with no pictues yet.

Oh, and the spare will be a standard wheel with145x15 Mitchy painted "Space Saver Orange" !!!

Attachments

• DSCN0055.JPG
    DSCN0055.JPG
    313.1 KB · Views: 121
Busa.....
This is what you are thinking of, but I also have a nother set of White wheels, newly painted with Mitchy Zxs on for real classic look. Unfortunately sitting in the container with no pictues yet.

Oh, and the spare will be a standard wheel with145x15 Mitchy painted "Space Saver Orange" !!!
Those are the safety rims I had in mind..... :)

Good you've time to progress it Ray!

Now we make progress. Interior insulation is taking place.

Bough a roll off of Ebay, identical to Dynamat, but 30% of the price. Fount the roll was just not enough to complete what I wanted, so Rare Parts helped with one sheet of their brand to finish.

Attachments

• DSCN0140sml.JPG
    DSCN0140sml.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN0142sml.JPG
    DSCN0142sml.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 149

Bough a roll off of Ebay, identical to Dynamat, but 30% of the price. Fount the roll was just not enough to complete what I wanted, so Rare Parts helped with one sheet of their brand to finish.
That's for the fully sik sub dat he's gunna mount instead of the back seat....doof doof!!!

I'd love to hear feedback on this well insulated early Renault Ray! My R10 was loud as hell at 80 mph (obviously non-standard). I was thinking of doing this to my 4CV which I plan on finishing for Christmas. I didn't say which Christmas 😁

Reactions: COL
John,
https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index.php?threads/graemes-r8-gordini-rebuild.121777/

When I built Graeme's R8G, when we first went for a test ride, the car was extremely noisy inside, with vibration and resinance. And we decided there and then, it needed proper isulation. so a good bit of internet, and I found Dynamat/Dynaliner and its other producs. Graeme liked what i had found and agreed to me installing the product as needed. As you can see from the build on AF, where I wen with the product. I used the 8mm Dynaliner for the roof, befor replacing the inner roof liner. I also pu hin foam on the a and Bpillars with vinyl black covering. All the window slided in doors were all replaced as well.

Even with the sporty silencer, the interior of the car was very quiet. Even better than new R10s which I used to drive after PDS. And that is what I wanted in my Green Beast Today I was doing the roof lining, and ai will take pics tomorrow when finished and a pic of a sample of foam. Will send Ebay link via PM as it is rather long, it is "tool-life(1032)" Regents Park, NSW.

Sorry for delay, learning MS 10 picture altering. Material is soft dense foam with skin on one side, 10mm thick. I get it from Auto upholstery supplires Perth, Dayley's. I believe 3M 90 spray adhesive is difficult to get in Aus at present. Finished off with Selley's, was OK.

Ray

Attachments

• DSCN0142sml.JPG
    DSCN0142sml.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
John,
https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index.php?threads/graemes-r8-gordini-rebuild.121777/

When I built Graeme's R8G, when we first went for a test ride, the car was extremely noisy inside, with vibration and resinance. And we decided there and then, it needed proper isulation. so a good bit of internet, and I found Dynamat/Dynaliner and its other producs. Graeme liked what i had found and agreed to me installing the product as needed. As you can see from the build on AF, where I wen with the product. I used the 8mm Dynaliner for the roof, befor replacing the inner roof liner. I also pu hin foam on the a and Bpillars with vinyl black covering. All the window slided in doors were all replaced as well.

Even with the sporty silencer, the interior of the car was very quiet. Even better than new R10s which I used to drive after PDS. And that is what I wanted in my Green Beast Today I was doing the roof lining, and ai will take pics tomorrow when finished and a pic of a sample of foam. Will send Ebay link via PM as it is rather long, it is "tool-life(1032)" Regents Park, NSW.

Ray
It'll be a lot quieter than my R8, that's for sure.

Busa.....

It looks really bright because of its color.

OK !! a good bit of work the last few weeks. New roof lining is in all doors have pinch weld done. Front and rear screens are in. Rear with a new rubber, what a job to get rubber onto screen and then into car. The rear trim was relatively easy. All the new dash is in and now working completely. New tail lights are in, LEDs light up the whole workshop in the evening, just great.

So actual progress.

Attachments

• Dash Carpet-sml.JPG
    Dash Carpet-sml.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 236
  • Dash Close 2-sml.JPG
    Dash Close 2-sml.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCN0139-sml.JPG
    DSCN0139-sml.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 235