Manual gearbox sensors - what are they for?

That’s a propper 17g head in the picture! Don’t worry too much about the coolant ports. They shouldn’t cause you any issues.

The 17TS/G head is very different to 16 head. There are 3 extra sensors, there is no access for the mechanical fuel pump, where it goes on a 16. On a 17TS/G there is water access for I believe the injection system in place of the pump. Would a 17TS/G head fit other 807 type blocks and be useable, yes with an electric fuel pump.

The 17TS/G head is very different to 16 head. There are 3 extra sensors, there is no access for the mechanical fuel pump, where it goes on a 16. On a 17TS/G there is water access for I believe the injection system in place of the pump. Would a 17TS/G head fit other 807 type blocks and be useable, yes with an electric fuel pump.

Yep, electric fuel pump is part of the plan.

From the evidence and most here know, the 365 can fail, so it was a bit of a lemon. Great ratio's but weak. Then came the 395 to replace it in the 17 second version (maybe some 1st versions later in the 70's for AU and would love more info) and the R18 from what I've learnt so far.
I beg to differ the 395-00 only had two planet gears where as the 365 has 4. Of course whether the steel was as good in the 365 I don't know. My 17G has 365 gearbox. According to the Renault service note, at the time, the only thing that changed between 17TS and 17G was the thickness of the sway bars and badges. In fact they say that sway bars from the 12G were fitted to improve road holding. They also give the size difference.

Do you have a 17TS/G camshaft? If so you can use a Bosch dizzy out of any car that fits. I know a 16 one does. Then use a new profile from Alan Moore. PM him to get the figures. Hardest part will be finding an auto electrician that can still work on old style dizzy's. The 17TS/G graph I have shown above won't work well as it is designed for the Bosch injection ECU. The original 17TS/G Bosch dizzy operates in reverse to a normal Bosch as a result point sets for them are rare. My 17TS runs well on Alans profile starts first kick I don't have injection fitted to that car but twin DCOE Webers.

So just to finish up on the sensors, selecting fifth engages the switch on the end of the case. The resistance didnt drop to zero so my continuity tester didn’t pick it up during my first trials.

I figure the switch has poor contacts internally but doesn’t matter to me as i won’t be using it.
Unless I want a light on the dash to tell me I selected fifth 🤔

The idea of using a “light on the dash” doesn’t show much imagination..... what about a piezo buzzer, or an ejecta seat, or even better, a rocket launcher.
I think I might just leave mine disconnected and be content with knowing what it has the potential to do:).

So just to finish up on the sensors, selecting fifth engages the switch on the end of the case. The resistance didnt drop to zero so my continuity tester didn’t pick it up during my first trials.

I figure the switch has poor contacts internally but doesn’t matter to me as i won’t be using it.
Unless I want a light on the dash to tell me I selected fifth 🤔