The Towbars thread...

Looking for a C5 X7 2011 sedan towbar please?
Adelaide area if possible, but via freight OK also.

Thanks,
Bernie

Thanks for that.. there’s a wrecker not too far from me who have advratised they have a 308 t7 wagon and picture on eBay clearly shows it with a towbar. I have sent them a message and if that doesn’t work out, your info may be very useful. Cheers.
Did you find a T7 wagon towbar, guy on the GC wreaking one with Hayman tongue. FB MP?

505 TOWBAR

Hayman Reese complete with brackets, bolts, tongue, ball and a new coat of black enamel. My 505 is now on club reg so towbar not needed.
$100.
I'm still tripping over this - if anyone wants it no reasonable offer refused.

406 hdi tow at for sale

I have a tow bar on my 406 hdi for sale if someone needs one.
2003 model
Not sure of make as it was on the car when I bought it.
Box hill nth

Laguna 2 tow bar

Euro style swan neck - no modifications to bumper required
Comes with wiring kit - no problems with canbus

$300

406 hdi tow at for sale

I have a tow bar on my 406 hdi for sale if someone needs one.
2003 model
Not sure of make as it was on the car when I bought it.
Box hill nth
Hi. Do you still have the towbar? Is it for a sedan or wagon? Thanks. Carl 0415 476 474

There seems to be a constant enquiry for towbars, and frequently there are threads going at the same time.

How about we just have this one thread for towbars for all models?

If you have a towbar for sale, list it on here... if you want one, come check the thread, make contact, or post if there's none available.

It would be important, however, that if anyone lists a towbar on the thread and then sells it, that they should post to that effect.

At the moment, Cruiserman seemingly has two 505 towbars, Peter Stein has one.

Brodie Shields needs one, so there's a match, but distance is a bit of a killer. I tried to get the Peter Stein bar for Brodie the other day, but Peter wasn't at home when I went through. I can get one from Cruiserman on Saturday 27/9 and take to Brodie's son's place...

In the interim, I have a 504 sedan towbar for sale.
Would you have 1 for a 206 2003

I am after a towbar with wiring loom for a 2016 Peugeot T9 Touring Allure diesel wagon.

Peugeot tow bar advertised on Facebook Marketplace.

Just the tongue - so would seem to be of limited value (unless someone has lost theirs I suppose). Looks identical to the one on our 406 (which I am pretty sure is a NZ Bestbars item), but does seem logical that it would fit other cars with a Bestbars towbar.

While looking for something else entirely, I noticed this 2016 C5 X7 2.2HDI at Landmark Spares in Sydney has (or had) a towbar fitted. No idea if the car remains there or has been dismantled as most of the wreckers listing parts via eBay tend to show a photo of a car that they could well have dismantled last year. Can't hurt to ask as they have had quite a few C5s (and 508s) through their yard.

1686113568866.png

While looking for something else entirely, I noticed this 2016 C5 X7 2.2HDI at Landmark Spares in Sydney has (or had) a towbar fitted. No idea if the car remains there or has been dismantled as most of the wreckers listing parts via eBay tend to show a photo of a car that they could well have dismantled last year. Can't hurt to ask as they have had quite a few C5s (and 508s) through their yard.

View attachment 222665
I am pretty sure that's the towbar I bought from these guys 3 years ago! Same colour C5 X7 sedan, same position relative to shed door, same wheels and the twin exhaust outlets 2.2 t-diesel. It didn't fit my 2.0 (as I found out when trying to fit it the bar is not the same between single and twin outlet exhaust models) and now lives on an AFer's car in Tasmania.

I am pretty sure that's the towbar I bought from these guys 3 years ago! Same colour C5 X7 sedan, same position relative to shed door, same wheels and the twin exhaust outlets 2.2 t-diesel. It didn't fit my 2.0 (as I found out when trying to fit it the bar is not the same between single and twin outlet exhaust models) and now lives on an AFer's car in Tasmania.
Yes, thanks to Phil it resides on my car. i concur, they won’t fit a 2 litre car having a different exhaust.

Ugh, 508 wiring harness for towbar required. Mine is doing some bizarre things.

Hello,
I've just purchased a Tag branded towbar from a wrecker for a Peugeot 308 T9 (post 2014). The part number is PEU717. An internet search looks like it is the previous version of a Brink towbar with Part No. BR-573700. It's complete with all the bolts and electrical wiring harness but obviously didn't come with any fitting instructions. I've found the installation guide for the Brink towbar online, but they are only a series of pictures, with no supporting text. Would anyone have the instructions for either version?
I'm particularly looking for a template to trim the right amount off the bumper bar to fit the tow hitch receiver, so I don't butcher it. Any help appreciated.