Late PSA keys

I bought a $5 blank flip key off ebay. Had the local Mr Minit copy it for $40.

Still working ok several years later.

I'm running the above Diagbox 9.56 via VM and it works well.

Cheers

Justin

Nah; you can get it for $6 in a few hours; key cutting code and immob code. The only slightly confidential bit is translation of that cutting code to a key blank - you need a lockie to know how.

So then you go to your "target" car where you previously read the VIN off the rego label, open it with the uncoded key, switch on the ignition (it won't start but you can talk to the BSI), code in your key with the laptop and you drive away. Any PSA car from about 1998 onwards; c'est facile.

By contrast, my keypad secured Pug is impossible to steal unless you either know the code, or come prepared with an unlocked ECU!
Thanks for the tips. Is this forum publicly searchable ?

Cheers

Justin

Well I've told you it works
Genius .... its a vmware image. I'll try it tomorrow and see how I go. What an great way of sharing a product, install it into a vmare image, and share the fully installed software.

I've downloaded it now if you wish to remove the publicly shared link before the google bots find it :)

it works nicely! look at the readme very important.

Well that took me a lot longer than it should. Download that sucker to the PC you want it on. It eventually occured to me that I couldn't copy the file as my external drives were formatted as FAT32 .... which maxes out at 4GB. And after formatting and trying several disks.... and getting "corrupted rar file" errors. It occured to me to install the latest version of RAR .... and the sucker finally extracted on the laptop I wanted it on.

Oh, all you will need to do is rename the Diagbox_968.vmdk file to Diagbox_968_Free.vmdk ..... The config file is looking for the "_Free" file. So it will fail until you do this.

I'll need to wait until boss women brings the car home tonight, but is certainly seems to be installed and working :)

Well I'm fiinally connected to the car .... I've spent 15mintues searching the menus for the area to add keys (still not found) .... at which time the boss women needed the car.

Is it just me, or is this one of the most finicky, un-intuitive bits of crap I've ever tried to use? You would think there would be a simple option "add/update keys" in the first screen you enter.

I'll try again when the boss women gets home. it'll be there hidden down in a menu somewhere :)

It aint easy, if it was every one would do it.

It aint easy, if it was every one would do it.

🤣🤣🤣 it shouldn't be hard. Its just frustrating for no reason. I did add a key to this car previously. And the key adding software is not where it was before. I've just googled it. There is a youtube video showing you where to find it. You need to use the diagnostics now, not poogoe world. wait for all the checks and balances to run. then click BSI .... Then "Pack Reparation" (yeah i'd never have tried that option ... 😳 )... Then "learning" ..... then "programming keys" ....

FFS ... I probably would have burnt the damn car before I found that so deeply buried in the menu systems.

Thanks for saving me then too, got to do this as well on the 307! Got bluetooth added to the 407 so getting there. NOt hard add microphone, bluetooth module and program (thanks Scotty)

Thanks for saving me then too, got to do this as well on the 307! Got bluetooth added to the 407 so getting there. NOt hard add microphone, bluetooth module and program (thanks Scotty)

Bloody hell... I would NEVER have found this. the youtube video was a starting point. Its different again in this version.

open the diagnostics and wait for all the checks to run. then select BSI .... Then Maintenance -- BSI - BSI functioning mode .... Then Pack Repair .... Then Programming ..... Then Programming Keys.

Who would ever drill down that far into the menus just to do such a simple task :blackeye:

The new key works quite well. Its one of these:

If you can't get the program to connect, unplug the USB port ... then plug it back in and play the USB device into the vmware.. until it find the car.

I just paid $229 for 2 new flip keys cut and coded for my 308; and the gent came to me.

I used to be tempted by this eBay pfaffing, but it feels like a false economy. And at £59 a key, it's no cheaper.

Plus I prefer to see my money stay in Australia.

I just paid $229 for 2 new flip keys cut and coded for my 308; and the gent came to me.

I used to be tempted by this eBay pfaffing, but it feels like a false economy. And at £59 a key, it's no cheaper.

Where do you think they are getting the keys from

This thread is from 2012. It used to be around $550 per key back then and only poogoe could supply them.

crikey... and I thought that setting up a couple of new remotes for the BA ute was painful... it was a doddle in comparison to this lot - no laptops, all done by the car by following a long forgotten sequence of events.... Aha ! but they are in the PDF manual.... aaaah, when you eventually find them, buried somewhere in the 2000 pages, twice ! .... :)

RF Remote Key Teach (up to 8 keys)
To enter teach mode turn the ignition switch from off to accessories and within 5 seconds press the rear demist switch 3 times; remote key teach mode will be entered.
When the mode is entered then the door locks will change state.
Once the mode is entered then all the remote keys will be erased.
To teach the keys press any remote keys button; to acknowledge the new key has been stored in memory the door locks will change state then change back again. Then teach the next key and so on.
As each key is taught, the door locks will cycle.
Turning the ignition switch to off or on position will exit teach mode. Again the door locks will change state to indicate the mode has been exited.
NOTE: it is important that all keys that are to be taught to the system are taught in the same teach sequence.

wasn't life simple.... :)

Thread is also a lesson in obsolescence, and why you still keep that ancient PC in the back of the shed - until the cheap oriental capacitors go green and bulgy on the ends.... thank goodness for VMs.... :)

Bob