Renault 25 Support

Sulla

Tadpole
Hi all,

I'm considering
buying a Renault 25GTX. It needs a few like gearbox bushes to tighten the shifter. Renault Aust says no parts for models prior to 1990.
How are you folk keeping these '25's going ?
Where will i get bits for this manual one ?

I think this one is a bit good for the scrap heap.
Thanks in advance 😀

warning! fuel level low..

I always wanted a german voice.. Achtung!

Sorry if I had better advice I'd give it.. its been a while since I owned (several) R25s including a V6.
Presumably the usual French places should be able to sort your bushes as a last resort.

If I were you I'd wait for more informed advice tho :)

Sorry if I had better advice I'd give it.. its been a while since I owned (several) R25s including a V6.
Presumably the usual French places should be able to sort your bushes as a last resort.

Besides genuine I only tried French Connection ( Im in Vic) with no luck.

Is Alpine Affaire operating these days?
One thing I found impossible was finding any good rear winders. the plastic sheaths were degrading on the shelves in the 2000s.

I have the German speaking module somewhere... I never got around to fitting it though.

Alpine Affaire
Bayswater VIC · (03) 9761 1511

Auto Paris service centre
Box Hill North VIC · (03) 9890 8822

Is Ken still running his spares?

Hi all,

I'm considering
buying a Renault 25GTX. It needs a few like gearbox bushes to tighten the shifter. Renault Aust says no parts for models prior to 1990.
How are you folk keeping these '25's going ?
Where will i get bits for this manual one ?

I think this one is a bit good for the scrap heap.
Thanks in advance 😀
You'll find a lot of commonalities with other cars - im guessing Fuego linkage bushes are the same.

I've seen R25 parts for sale from suppliers in France - the trick being to buy in batches to spread the high postage costs. There's a fair bit of R25 underpinning the Avantime too if I recall. There are owners also on the Facebook page of the Renault Classic Car Club in England, with some folk who even know the cars!! Parts maybe as well and they are responsive.

Have you found one with working electrics??

I owned R25 GTX for a few years.
Great limo tourer, manual was a great drive, V6 made them too front heavy
You will need to redo all the suspension bushes as well.
BUT
You will get really good at pulling out the dashboard :(
The electrics are woeful in this car. Everyone electrical will stop working numerically or alphabetically at the same time
Unless you are getting it for free, walk right past and pick another Renault.

The electrics are woeful in this car. Everything electrical will stop working numerically or alphabetically at the same time
Agree, but there are still goodies around.

I owned R25 GTX for a few years.
Great limo tourer, manual was a great drive, V6 made them too front heavy
You will need to redo all the suspension bushes as well.
BUT
The electrics are woeful in this car. Everyone electrical will stop working numerically or alphabetically at the same time
Nonsense. The electrics are fine.
Mine had a dodgy dash when I bought it, so just popped the circuit board out and dabbed all the solder joints to rejoin any dry solder - sorted. Was a super reliable car all round.

I've seen R25 parts for sale from suppliers in France - the trick being to buy in batches to spread the high postage costs. There's a fair bit of R25 underpinning the Avantime too if I recall. There are owners also on the Facebook page of the Renault Classic Car Club in England, with some folk who even know the cars!! Parts maybe as well and they are responsive.

Have you found one with working electrics??
No fan, no radio, no temp gauge, no speedo. Talking voice works. No rear spare tyre cradle at all ! Front lower oil leaks. Slightly hunting idle. Some minor panel damage. Sloppiest gear lever ever ! Willing engine. As I write this I’m thinking my last fuego was a smarter purchase-super reliable. Can’t find one not interstate now😢

Last edited: