many Renaults and parts *STOLEN*, Epping VIC :(

Really sorry about this for you, vivid. And I’m disgusted that people are like that.

Now, I know that insurance is not the thing, but I wonder if you do have any insurance on anything that was taken, the insurance company might be able to get the police into action by applying a little bit of pressure from their end.

Like others have said, I do hope for the best outcome for you.

Andrew

Really sorry about this for you, vivid. And I’m disgusted that people are like that.

Now, I know that insurance is not the thing, but I wonder if you do have any insurance on anything that was taken, the insurance company might be able to get the police into action by applying a little bit of pressure from their end.

Like others have said, I do hope for the best outcome for you.

Andrew

I wasn’t able to insure anything in that location :(

34142EC1-00DC-4023-BB84-D9B94D5389CF.jpg

Wow - that's close !

Cheers

Justin

Close but not close enough.
From Vivid’s photos we’re looking for:

Red marked TTNU 955779-9
Yellow marked MSCU 797615-6

....if I’m reading the numbers right...
45G1 is the container type, not identification #

Yeah I think you’re correct. I’m just on my phone so hard to study that closely. Back to the search!

45G1 is a type of 40ft container, not the container serial#. You will see that marked on other containers.
The best bet is going to be to get the dates of the StreetView and Nearmap images to narrow down the time frame and then go looking for security, dashcam and maybe VicRoad intersection footage. How many people would have dashcam footage coming out of that BP/McDonalds/Truckstop centre?

very close, thanks guys.
mine are also high cubes, those don't look to be.
45G1 looks to be high cube if that's the type, mine is marked the same.

David.

Yep, Dave spotted the right type as 45G1

Eyes peeled for

Red marked TTNU 955779-9 (Triton Container)
Yellow marked MSCU 797615-6 (Mediterranean Shipping Co)

These IDs have no current bill of lading tracking record so fingers crossed they’re still somewhere local and not rebirthed.

David,
I truly hope everything turns up. It just beggars belief, that no one saw the containers being loaded.
Cheers,
Dan

Wow, sorry to be reading this, David. I suppose your mind has been racing with options, including asking the station across the road to sponsor you putting up a wanted / lost poster. SAS the truckies stopping there regularly would have noticed any activity with more than a passing interest.

I don't have anything practical to offer, but I am really sorry to hear this. I feel for you.

I don't have anything practical to offer, but I am really sorry to hear this. I feel for you.
sympathy is something practical thanks.
until an official police report is placed, and an investigation is underway my anxiety will only rise.

I've sent as much detail as I can to the officer that took my (unofficial statement) and was fobbed off yesterday to call back Monday when she's back on duty. I think I'll need to make a fresh statement anyway, I feel like I'm being fobbed off.

I have called quite a few container carriers about picking up containers from the property but no luck yet.
I've only called larger respectable carriers as I don't want to tip off any possible dodgy dealers out there if they are sitting around and known to be stolen.

I do like the suggestion of wanted signs too, but the police really have to interview the house before I can do anything like this, time is of the essence, and I ran out of it a while ago.

I don't think you have run out of time David,with many eyes looking and responses like shibuichi #91post as a positive there is still hope as a final outcome has not yet been determined,keep positive mate... jim

I don't think you have run out of time David,with many eyes looking and responses like shibuichi #91post as a positive there is still hope as a final outcome has not yet been determined,keep positive mate... jim
thanks mate.

I've been calling the truck companies that can move these things asking if they have moved containers from the property in late April / early May.

Tomorrow I'll do some more calling around if anyone has any classic renault parts or cars for sale.

some other things to look out for, some pretty rare.
Unfortunately I only have engine numbers for a couple of these engines.

Renault parts:

x2 R25 engines
x2 Fuego engines
x4 R16 engines
x3 R17TL engines
x1 R12 engine
x2 R10 engines

LOTS of R16 front wings and bonnets, wishbones and all small parts TS TL TA
x4 R16 full sets tail lights trim etc.
x4 early aluminium trim
x6 R16 headlights, x1 kangaroo lights.
x8 R16 rear bench seat sets.
x4 R16 front seats.
x10 R16 CV shafts
x5 sets of trim

R16TX trim and parts (metallic green):
x4 doors, hatch, bonnet, spoiler, interior trim dash etc.

x1 Floride hard top.
x2 Caravelle dash

x8 Dauphine doors,
x5 Dauphine bonnets,
x8 Dauphine rear wings
x10 Dauphine front wings

x8 R10 doors, trim and lenses.

x2 R25 bonnets, (one gold, one silver)
x2 R25 dash / loom & computer (one brown, one blue)
x8 R25 doors.

x2 Fuego bonnets (one with a hump, white painted over gold)
x8 Fuego doors (red and white)
x4 Fuego front wings (red & white)

Fuego glass, dash, loom and interior / switches.
R8, R10, Dauphine / Caravelle glass.

R8, R10, R16, 4CV steel rims, and R16 'spider' rims and R10 wide (welded R16 rims)
x4 sets Fuego alloys.
x1 set R25 alloys.