many Renaults and parts *STOLEN*, Epping VIC :(

Sorry to hear this Vivid. Certainly devistating news. I know I'd be upset if I lost all my cars and containers. Both my containers are write offs. So should be safe. The cars are in a shed. But sheds are not thief proof. They only need a battery drill to pull iron off. Happened to a neighbour of mine once and they took all his wood working machines.

My shed has two mountain bikes worth $6K each, a roadie at $3K, Kirsty’s custom built Mixte at $2.5k and another grand in other bikes. Plus tools galore. Although the one I’d cry if I lost is the least valuable as it has much sentimental value.

Insurance is very comprehensive in a neighbourhood with a lot of druggies!!!!! And hard times up the crime rate alas….

Ah man this is horrible to think they were discarded for the containers. :( Yeah there is slim to no chance that your neighbours didnt see something given the time frame you have discovered :S

Arrrrrgh!

Not an insignificant job to move 2 large containers....surely somebody saw something? And whoever took them must have had some info as to what they contained....and would have got that info locally. Unfortunately police are generally not proactive on such things...they would just see it as "some old worthless cars"...sad but probably true....especially if you're not there knocking their door down! Maybe ask around the neighbourhood? Good luck!

I also went searching after page 1 before reading David S's comments and found the containers gone in an April Street view shot from Google.
See date down the bottom right. It's newer than the Satellite shot of the area.

G5M3Kta.png

It might be a hail Mary but the BP across the road has a clear view and multiple cameras although I don't know how long they would keep footage for and how willing they would be to share that. The Street view car called in there for fuel it seemed in 2019 and you can clearly see the yellow.

YnnG6W9.png

No doubt the Police would have a nearmap subscription...

I’ve got ‘access’ to a nearmaps subscription.
its 20k pa!
It was awesome in the beta phase, used to be free for personal use. Only for large companies now, solar, real estate, gov etc.

I work in the building industry so someone has done me a solid.
they charge for each click and scroll. I need to take screen shots as to download the images isn't cheap.

Damn, not much more info than streetview then :/

Did that link with the blue prime mover open? (I can't copy and paste it.) It was an April 2021 image.

Did that link with the blue prime mover open? (I can't copy and paste it.) It was an April 2021 image.
Its an unregistered vehicle owned by one of the tenants up at the house.
he has to know something.

Sounding more and more like an inside job.....cops clearly need to have a good chat with the tenants of the house.

Wollert 1.jpg
View attachment 134345

Does the owner of the prime mover know anything about it ?

From the Google shots they left in stages, so on a single bed truck ?

Cheers

Justin