Losing coolant . . .

207cc Sport

Fellow Frogger
RCZ:

Losing 500 mill of coolant a week now. Been two weeks. Replaced filler cap with no improvement.

Going to my Master mech next week for a coolant system pressure test. I'll advise.

Also, it is not the cylinder head, as I changed the oil and all is normal.

The THP motor has had a problem with leaks at the water box/thermostat housing. Check for dampness underneath where it's hard to see.. Always look for emulsion in the oil.

Nissan SSS is was fun to drive back in the day, early 90s these and the Pug 309 were the boy racer hatch of choice

oh no not coolant again, members may recall my rant thread about coolant and then they replaced the whole pipe like thingo plastic that looks so new and I ended up paying a lot and all this at 43k approx but outside warranty and to complicate things, the service centre I have been faithfully using ( near dealer price anyways) was on the HQ list of authorised service centres but was quietly and quickly removed overnight due to commercial reasons and then HQ played dumb saying the whole time I have been going to the circus to have my car serviced.

oh no not coolant again, members may recall my rant thread about coolant and then they replaced the whole pipe like thingo plastic that looks so new and I ended up paying a lot and all this at 43k approx but outside warranty and to complicate things, the service centre I have been faithfully using ( near dealer price anyways) was on the HQ list of authorised service centres but was quietly and quickly removed overnight due to commercial reasons and then HQ played dumb saying the whole time I have been going to the circus to have my car serviced.
How could anyone forget.

Pressure test completed. Tizz the water pump. I am also going to get the rear coolant pipe replaced at same time. My Pug Mechanic, said he has done three water pumps and two rear coolant hoses on Prince engines in the last two months.

The French Tart (2010) has had four water pumps in its life. Initial pumps had a cheap plastic impeller, which was superseded soon after.

A sigh of relief. That premix coolant is expensive stuff. Same as Castol 5w30.

I'll keep ya posted.

GfWExSpl.jpg

but that is not stock, we should never mix non stock coolant with stock coolant until a full flush is done in front of my eyes.

Bush Mechanic was about to suggest crack a few eggs into the cooling system to seal the leak :(

With my ace master Pug mechanic tonight. Picking up Saturday. Wayne, uses Peugeot brake fluid, which I have asked him to change also. He said that it contains an ingredient not found in Supercheap shelf stuff.

RCZ back safe and fixed. Well, what a story.

Turned out not to be the water coolant pipe. It was the coolant water-tank/thermostat unit. Take a look at it - a thermostat? Sheeze, not like the one I have in my 1992 Pulsar N14.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COOLANT-THERMOSTAT-HOUSING-FOR-PEUGEOT-207-208-508-3008-5008-PARTNER-RCZ-1336CC/233918417186?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item36769fc922:g:b-MAAOSwcjNe~eTy&amdata=enc:AQAFAAACgBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4Imu%2Fn%2BzU5L90Z278x5ickkai8xCwosGKpC0NWj85e%2FB98cZZFkgZpYZppQeYo4Bu%2FZeQ%2FB61alXs%2Fh3CQYAwymWfixc2HQarpFq%2B%2BGQHKCanm4pXWA%2BuQdmMcC%2F5kCToUSfi7liHqk2LmCr5ptBb06gxVL%2FOvyaIMVAGNtHS%2BXQdgVKOjT3JKmKpoXK7%2B42uJb2jJYlweXn3j5aYD0qrRlxtov1nOcX%2FoWAMqDYrw7BnMMXcEpxs0fhPCN1C7TkPCoLNqAYzmtVc4HXxIY5P3o98w9n8QStQio8Af8QU2DvITOstQqIDIUaqBgyRhtVR07i%2BKtbFQxG7mfuWDcQxwBD2SeA0rkUqFKdQFR3v2GP2hT79SdKQb2lBbQ6RPmF7vC%2FC2MOU5lrRJicTXsfcLhIFojPiX8sDrTXg%2Bh5nyWCiwj1S2Pjw70%2Fk0jO29yPimNHN5kEdXCL7p9CNDVx7c%2FkUYNRdHmsSjGRBRzvykCHlbgWXFB%2BTUKJdpFnfhYyOsgk%2BQ63y4COxo%2FG2oB0ktwJHNxZvXFswup3U0G%2FveF9SdK1p%2FTndZ0LU%2BrH%2BzPMDy6mSboPQgNg0aWptdP0BkvybHYtlm8T%2B%2FuX51qY4yyHFckP6SL2clreOBXKoPGxCsO3lGCPsI2uUXaEqbuEhsfyzR2Up1rwCNGfLdnRdfXK5NuFrq5kVCtmTMc5mkOrSBAs%2FW5zZ9FDXFkZNsWvUBT4wkHysKcMrdrxN8H%2FzsIRgKn7VYGuNHnVbD1djjawwtXOFyU4Ooqygk6ZbiRuB6A%2BtYk%2BJueFzr2mXPEeO0ZE%2BEXvfMatwWVpfcswSkv4X4%3D|cksum:233918417186733e57ae27be441b9be8141259ec84fa|ampid:pL_CLK|clp:2334524

Take a look at the male plug in the pic - four pin. This is the old part, as Wayne told me. The revised part has now two, 2 pin male plugs at different locations on the thermostat. Wayne told me that the original harness point would get hot and fail. So Pug changed the design.

And you need one of these to fit now. Two, 2 pin female plugs which joins to the four pin socket from the loom. Need to know dudes.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thermos...233545?hash=item2172b2aec9:g:iKYAAOSwHfpfD~MI

Good to have a mechanic that really knows what he is doing. Because when I pickup up the thermostat, I rang him and he asked if there was two, 2 pin plugs. I said yes, and he said to get the loom connector cable also.

All is well. He flushed engine coolant, replaced brake fluid, and the clutch line fluid, which many
'grease monkeys' don't do or even don't know about it. Result clutch pedal depression and return much smoother.
I always bring the parts and fluids to him. Never buy from Covid China now. In the case of the brake fluid I supplied the usual super Dot 4 Castrol. Wayne told me he uses only his own Peugeot brand brake fluid as it has additives. Anyone know?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PSA-Gen...416495?hash=item3658584f6f:g:Ua0AAOSw4O9d1qXv

He also washed the THP200 engine.

Wayne (Master Pug/Citroen mechanic) on the Gold Coast is well recommended. PM me for his details if ya want. He also does VW, Jeep and other types. Even Von Bibra Peugeot all and pay him for the difficult jobs.

Last edited: