Citroën GS/A/Birotor 1970-2020 for Healesville

sparkey

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Attention all Citroën GS/A/Birotor enthusiasts, due to COCCA’s postponement of the October 50th GS tour, a low-key CCCV get together has been planned for:

Date: Sunday 27.12.20
Time: 11am
Where: Coronation Park - https://goo.gl/maps/YB828mqv8kqziiE9A
HEALESVILLE
(12.30 pub grub at the Grand Hotel) - https://g.page/healesville-grand-hotel?share

Penned by aeronautical designer, Robert Opron, the GS took 14 years of development before its release in 1970. The GS, with 2.5 million units produced was the second most built Citroën after the 2CV with 4 million units. Voted 1970 European Car of the Year, the Kammback (chopped off rear) design contributed to a claimed drag co-efficient of 0,361 compared to the DS with 0,382 (this basically boils down to pretty good mpg-lt/100km). Worldwide GS/A production spanned the years 1970 to at least 1990 in Indonesia.

So bring along your GS/A and if you happen to have a Birotor tucked away, everyone would be very pleased to see it (rumour has it there are two in Australia)

RSVP to this thread with your name (1st is OK) by 20.12.20

COVID restrictions may apply

NOT DESPISED, JUST FORGOTTEN

Last edited:
Je suis desolee, et GiSelle aussi!

I will actually be in Healesville on the 27th, celebrating my brother's 70th birthday.

I suspect I'd be drummed out of the family, and probably divorced, if I even thought of slipping away to this!

Damn!

Hope you all have a great gathering. Pottsy

I will actually be in Healesville on the 27th, celebrating my brother's 70th birthday.

I suspect I'd be drummed out of the family, and probably divorced, if I even thought of slipping away to this!

Damn!

Pottsy, I see it as a win-win situation. You get to spend some quality GS time and your partner does not speak to you for a month

Don’t leave us your Healesville address because we may go around & hotwire GiSelle

It is possible this could be the biggest meeting of GS’s in Australia (maybe showrooms/car yards back in the day?)

There are potentially 8 booked so far

Damn!

Come on Pottsy, NO 70th celebrations start at 11:00AM.
You will not be drummed out of the family as you will not be missed by the family for a few hours from 11:00AM.
John.
PS: Giselle would love to see its siblings.

Well actually my Good Lady Wife has suggested that we could make a brief appearance at Coronation Park before whipping around the corner to the RACV Club by 12 Noon. She's a Gem. Just one of the many reasons I married her!

Yes GiSelle! You WILL (probably) Go To The Ball!

Cheers, and hope to see you all there, Pottsy.

Well actually my Good Lady Wife has suggested that we could make a brief appearance at Coronation Park before whipping around the corner to the RACV Club by 12 Noon. She's a Gem. Just one of the many reasons I married her!...
Excellent Pottsy, Will put you down for Coronation Park (that is now 9 GS's)

Said wife; a man tinkering with old GS's has no time for stray women

When you are at the RACV Club think of what the poor people are doing!

I may deign to wave at the peasant masses through the double glazed dining room window, if the glare from the silver service doesn't cloud my vision! :)

Well spotted! One can run, but not hide!

GiSelle has done a few kms this week to make sure she's fully fettled for Christmas.

Cheers, Pottsy

Hi Sparkey a top day, thanks for organising! Pretty much the creme de la creme of AU GSs. The LHD Bi-rotor, Andrew’s silver one, Pottsy’s GiSelle, your Break and Dave’s lovely Blue GSA. I’m sure I missed another. Apologies from our Von Bock who could not come today. And your other GS having a rest. Great lunch at the pub.

john

Attachments

• 1C39EC80-D986-43A3-A3FB-D9854D8AC959.jpeg
    1C39EC80-D986-43A3-A3FB-D9854D8AC959.jpeg
    888.3 KB · Views: 189
  • CADA5A16-7E21-4F79-8EF6-B5F0C850FDBE.jpeg
    CADA5A16-7E21-4F79-8EF6-B5F0C850FDBE.jpeg
    933.5 KB · Views: 184
Well done Sparkey.

Good to see some of GiSelle's siblings. From your photos it looks like a few more interesting cars rocked up after we left for the RACV Club. (Surely they weren't waiting until GiSelle and I left? :) )

Good to meet some fellow Loonies!

Cheers, Pottsy.

...... and the final ones including the final lineup - sadly missing Pottsy's Giselle, who had to dash off to a prior engagement (seen earlier though above).

Very nice lunch followed at the Grand, where we had the prime balcony spot all to ourselves. So in spite of the hotel mucking up the booking, it all came out roses on the day :cool:

:citroen::dance:

Citroen_GS_50th_0033.jpgCitroen_GS_50th_0034.jpgCitroen_GS_50th_0035.jpg

Last edited:
Leconte - thank you for loading photos. I'm 90% confident the Birotor, while all cars were brilliant, was the most photographed on the day