My next resto 1970 DS21 Pallas BVH

OK coming guys Ive experience interstate transport delays,
627178695.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Lovely to see. Looking forward to more news and photos when you get the chance.

Here is s few more pics... not easy to resize. Now its time to pull apart

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 19.png
    19.png
    848.7 KB · Views: 282
  • 15.png
    15.png
    410.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 47.png
    47.png
    662.5 KB · Views: 280
  • 58.png
    58.png
    702.2 KB · Views: 282
  • 12.png
    12.png
    513.3 KB · Views: 277
From what you've shown us - think I'd be putting fuel in it and driving it!

Used but not abused. All looks very straight and original - all 'Citroen'. The fewer new non-Citroen repro bits you put on this the better. Give me honest originality over concourse any day.

Used but not abused. All looks very straight and original - all 'Citroen'. The fewer new non-Citroen repro bits you put on this the better. Give me honest originality over concourse any day.
Agreed all after market components are crap especially rubbers this car is 50 years old low km belonged to an ex diplomat and reside in canberra for many years this car is my 6th restoration but must admit the only one with no rust

Restoration??? Wow .... I'd already be driving that thing around with a stupid big grin on my face!! Its in the perfect condition to be a "driver" :dance:

Such a pain to reduce the pics size.
I've been flat out organising a soda blaster for the panels willing to complete the job before Xmas anyways I managed to get one and he has completed the job yesterday al panels now with the panel beater I was surprised that for a 50 years old car there is no bog on any panels so with a bit of a luck they should be painted by the end of January. The wheels have been powder coated and now completed.
I've also been busy with the mechanics and hydraulics issues, both front spheres including the accumulator have been replaced all cylinder rubber boots also replaced, the starter motor Bendix was shot so a new valeo model has now been fitted without removing the exhaust manifold. the engine mounts rebuild and replaced, the carburettor was overhauled due to the second barrel being seized. the bearings on the alternator seized so its been rebuilt , the radiator overhauled , the brake valve replaced due to a severe leak. Tomorrow I will fit the 123 electronic ignition as well as new plugs and leads. tappets have been adjusted. all stainless steal bits currently with polisher. all drive belts replaced. The roof was well glued and not easy to remove but good news the roof rail and frame around the fibro roof are in good condition. also polished the rocker cover and over bits well its diner time so until next time

Attachments

• 20201125_113839.jpg
    20201125_113839.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 230
  • 20201212_180457.jpg
    20201212_180457.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 20201212_180639.jpg
    20201212_180639.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 20201212_180652 - Copy.jpg
    20201212_180652 - Copy.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 20201212_180705 - Copy.jpg
    20201212_180705 - Copy.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 20201212_180712.jpg
    20201212_180712.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 20201212_182136.jpg
    20201212_182136.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Such a pain to reduce the pics size.
I've been flat out organising a soda blaster for the panels willing to complete the job before Xmas anyways I managed to get one and he has completed the job yesterday al panels now with the panel beater I was surprised that for a 50 years old car there is no bog on any panels so with a bit of a luck they should be painted by the end of January. The wheels have been powder coated and now completed.
I've also been busy with the mechanics and hydraulics issues, both front spheres including the accumulator have been replaced all cylinder rubber boots also replaced, the starter motor Bendix was shot so a new valeo model has now been fitted without removing the exhaust manifold. the engine mounts rebuild and replaced, the carburettor was overhauled due to the second barrel being seized. the bearings on the alternator seized so its been rebuilt , the radiator overhauled , the brake valve replaced to a severe leak. Tomorrow I will fit the 123 electronic ignition as well as new plugs and leads. tappets have been adjusted. all stainless steal bits currently with polisher. all drive belts replaced. The roof was well glued and not easy to remove but good news the roof rail and frame around the fibro roof are in good condition. also0 polished the rocker cover and over bits well its diner time so until next time
Wow .... looking at those piccies .... that would take me about 18 years, 6 months a 10 days to do what you just did in a week!

jalouse! good stuff Phil!

I'm assuming the paint job was original, Bordeaux Rouge or whatever, are you sticking with that or changing? Bleu D'Orient is a great colour, as is metallic brown, can't think of the correct name.

jalouse! good stuff Phil!

I'm assuming the paint job was original, Bordeaux Rouge or whatever, are you sticking with that or changing? Bleu D'Orient is a great colour, as is metallic brown, can't think of the correct name.
Yes it is original colour but i choose white for this car with a brand new light brown leather interior it will look great

I'm sure it will sing in white but can't help thinking it will lose something without the original code. :' l

I'm also sure you don't want to hear that though! ; )

I notice on nuancierds.fr the blanc cyne went to meije in March, there's one with a gris roof and black leather, looks stunning!

If it was mine I'd be seriously hypocritical and be plotting to go Rolling Stones with it, the cars Spielberg used in the film Munich were fantastic. Bon boulot!

Last edited: