Le Plip

bazzamac

Fellow Frogger
Some years ago the Gonz provided me with rebuilt remote door openers that were better than the original Le Plip for the Fuegos. I have used one of them on my Alpine GTA V6 Turbo. I had to recently change the battery but now I think I have to reprogram it to the car. Trouble is I have forgotten how to do that and cannot find the original instructions given to by the Gonz (nice guy - meet him in Adelaide some time ago at the Clipsal 500 when he was in the Air Force).

Can any one help me?

yeah.... :)

it'll be on one the backup drives here somewhere, but, Saturday being what it is, now is not a good time to look... :)

cheers,
Bob

Hi Bob

I had previously done a search and while there was plenty of discussion re Le Plip there was nothing about how you program it. Any files that the Gonz put up on how to program it had disappeared.

G'day,

OK, let's try this lot.... :)

ooops, 3rd file is too large, GONZ removed, now OK... :)

Bob

Attachments

• rx6ch.pdf
    52.2 KB · Views: 193
  • FroggyPlip1.pdf
    830 KB · Views: 191
  • FroggyPlip2.pdf
    681.9 KB · Views: 202
Can't read any of those ones Bob, I will also have a look at my saved stuff, probably have some printouts "somewhere" Fernando did a lot of the work on the plip circuits on the long Kitchen counter at our home. I don't think it involved any programming, just a standard after market radio shack style plip unit, and the original Fuego plip circuit board pod located above the mirror mount slightly modified to enable it to receive the signal from the new sender plip. with a small aerial added to help pick up the signal.

I still have one of the modified plips and receiving circuit in my car, but had to disable it as for some reason it used to drain the cars battery (probably because I didn't use it enough.) Dianne's modified plip worked fine in her car, it is also probably in her car in Tasmania.

I will see if I can find some details Barry.

Ken

I have sent a "conversation" invite to Bob and Bazzamac with some details I got from The Gonz way back in June 2005, some would have been posted on Aussiefrogs about that time, maybe a trifle later.
Regards
Ken

The files are PDF 1.5, produced by the cairo library. They should be readable on most systems.

just in case it was a Mint thing, I just tried w7, no problems there either.... :)

Bob

I can read the files OK Bob (y)
Likewise Bob from the links #8 reply, that works fine for me also, Dianne (Australdi) was happily plipping away demonstrating the range of her Gonz modification of her Fuego's receiver and using the new plip unit as shown in Fernando's article. I think that she still has that unit and her original Fuego in Launceston Tasmania.

Will check with her later today. Her original unit worked a treat, would open the door lock from half a suburban block away, she was very happy with it. The Gonz , (though no longer active on A/F these days) is back in Adelaide. The Fuego was passed on to his son, but I understand it has been retired or recycled.

Hopefully Barry will be able to get his plip working with that information.

Ken

Thanks everyone, especially Bob. The last file he posted has highlighted in the text "installation instructions" and I clicked on it and Viola. Tried it in my Alpine but didn't work - I suspect there is a power problem somewhere like a bad earth, failed relay etc which I have yet to find. First sign was my interior lights didn't work. After disconnecting the harness for the new light found that the circuit to/from the light was OK but stuff all power coming out of the wiring harness itself. Now on a search mission to discover the problem - similarly my temp, oil level and oil pressure gauges are not working so something is definitely wrong. Earths are OK and just need to check relays.

Reactions: bob
Thanks everyone, especially Bob. The last file he posted has highlighted in the text "installation instructions" and I clicked on it and Viola. Tried it in my Alpine but didn't work - I suspect there is a power problem somewhere like a bad earth, failed relay etc which I have yet to find. First sign was my interior lights didn't work. After disconnecting the harness for the new light found that the circuit to/from the light was OK but stuff all power coming out of the wiring harness itself. Now on a search mission to discover the problem - similarly my temp, oil level and oil pressure gauges are not working so something is definitely wrong. Earths are OK and just need to check relays.

With a list of non working items like that Barry, I would check the fuses. Could be a dirty or lose fuse in its holder. :2cents:

Hello, Ken, Bazz, Bob, all. Great to see your posts. Yes, I'm still in the Air Force (WGCDR now).

What a blast reading about the plip after all this time, and I doubt I still have those instructions I posted way back then. Very happy to see the plips are still out there working. Long story short, If your receiver and transmitter ever worked, they still will no matter how many batteries you change. The coding to match them is done by creating links across the data pins. If your plip is the only one in the neighbourhood, 0000 (no links) works just fine.

Sad to see the forum wrapping up. I had to sign up as a newbie because my old email address must have been the one linked to my old ISP. I'm Admin on a bunch of sites including the I30 Owners Club (both forum and FB).

Wishing you all continued good health.

Welcome back to The Gonz. Agree sad to see the forum wrapping up altho it will still be accessible in static form so posts like yours will still be there hopefully. Cheers.