Simply amazing!

Google Chrome will translate.
Pity the photographs are from 1990.
30 years on there's not likely too much left if anything.

Google Chrome will translate.
Pity the photographs are from 1990.
30 years on there's not likely too much left if anything.
Yeah, RTT I have "planted" cars in the backyard and if you leave them long enough, they slowly decompose.. wives don't like them for some reason..;)
Ken

Vast junkyards still exist in the country but even there they are eyesores. City scrap operators come up when metal prices are high (to the relief of local councils) but some seem to hang on.

Vast junkyards still exist in the country but even there they are eyesores. City scrap operators come up when metal prices are high (to the relief of local councils) but some seem to hang on.
Russell Every farm had a metal junk pile too, until the scrappies cleaned most of that up, and it became hard for the inventive Australian farmers with new fangled welders and machinery to create all sorts of interesting things on the farms. Bit short sighted for some to sell that good stuff for a metal price - but I guess cash in hand helps the cash strapped.

Ken

That's the old farming Ken, now the places are generally neat as a pin with the latest equipment. Car wreckers are rather more organized and neater than they were but tractor wreckers can be large.

That's the old farming Ken, now the places are generally neat as a pin with the latest equipment. Car wreckers are rather more organized and neater than they were but tractor wreckers can be large.
Yep, but there are some that have nostalgia too, like Roger's place and wonderfully situated near one of those amazing country stores that still sell most everything an inventive farmer could want.. and I am a sucker for nostalgia and old machinery.. :D

Ken

Probably is still left. If you enter Bästnäs into googlemaps, it shows the junk pile, now overgrown and mossy.

BTW, the ä in Swedish is its own letter, not just an accented a, and comes at the end of the alphabet.

It is pronounced like an 'e' in English, so "Best-ness".