Engine advice needed...

Fergo

Tadpole
Morning All :)
I have a 2001 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet Automatic and the 2 ltr engine is buggered. I have the opportunity to buy a 1997 306 SR Manual with a 1.8 ltr working engine. Here is the question.....will the engine fit ok in the cabriolet without any problems seeing as I am putting a manual engine into the auto? Does anyone know if the mounting holes for the gearboxes are in the same place? I obviously don't want to buy the manual if it wont fit. Cheers all.....Fergo

Just buy a second hand 2 litre engine and fit it to the existing transmission.
Guaranteed to fit and those 2 litres have great torque.

Dave

Morning All :)
I have a 2001 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet Automatic and the 2 ltr engine is buggered. I have the opportunity to buy a 1997 306 SR Manual with a 1.8 ltr working engine. Here is the question.....will the engine fit ok in the cabriolet without any problems seeing as I am putting a manual engine into the auto? Does anyone know if the mounting holes for the gearboxes are in the same place? I obviously don't want to buy the manual if it wont fit. Cheers all.....Fergo
Hi Fergo :)
Not many replies so my :2cents: . I have not had a Pug so no knowledge to help. But if you enquire in the Peugeot section you might get a reply. If you can say what the two engines types are that might help to know if they are the same series of engine or not ! You could give the two vin numbers for information or the exact model information for those in the know. Red book probably has the engine type information on its search pages.
Even a picture of the engine bays might remind people of what they look like. It is almost 20+ years ago they came out so people might need to be reminded of what they have.:unsure:
Good luck Jaahn