The "Blue Danube"

I've been meaning to get back to you Gill uses "Multi-use cleaning eraser" It's a four pack that comes in a purple and blue box. They're small white sponges that bring them back to white beautifully.

Nope... Nix...nada...

no magic in those sponges.... Didn't work to get the stains off (and yes, the stain came back again during the week). Will try the degreaser trick next! :mad:

Well, degreaser did it after all - the white walls cleaned up, for a day at least.

also got the front seats back, just in time for Sunday's car show meeting in Brisbane. So the car was ready to drive after all, with s few hours to spare. Will get the rear seats back next week, and will then also finish the carpet.

image.jpg

I like them! The colour goes well with the blue platinee and the white roof.

image.jpg

And then the first trip after eight month of restoration. Besides a couple of hiccups (dirty fuel) the car ran well and was a nice change from the normal cars you drive... Forgot how wafty the DS drives...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sven

Boy you really did get those sidewalls white!

Congratulations on the whole thing - fantastic that you got to the FCD, and car looks amazing!

Cheers

Alec

The car looked outstanding at the show. Such attention to detail and the paint work was flawless. A real credit to you bleudanube.

Lost the post? Thanks Chris for the link, not sure where the blog ended up....

Well, the car is running quite well now, should finally get the rear seats and carpet done next week. A few more items on the to order list: new coil and condenser, points, wash water pump and the door strikers ( still not available, but on back order).

And maybe new seat belts, but we will see....

Sven

Lost the post? Thanks Chris for the link, not sure where the blog ended up....

Well, the car is running quite well now, should finally get the rear seats and carpet done next week. A few more items on the to order list: new coil and condenser, points, wash water pump and the door strikers ( still not available, but on back order).

And maybe new seat belts, but we will see....

Sven

Your thread was never lost, it had just moved down to the second page - if this happens you need to go to the drop down menu on the 'Restorations' index page, scroll down to 'Thread Display Options' and set the 'Show Threads From' to 'The Beginning' click 'Show Threads'. . . You can now move through the several pages of threads.

Cheers
Chris

Your thread was never lost, it had just moved down to the second page - if this happens you need to go to the drop down menu on the 'Restorations' index page, scroll down to 'Thread Display Options' and set the 'Show Threads From' to 'The Beginning' click 'Show Threads'. . . You can now move through the several pages of threads.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris... Thought it may moved to page 2, but couldn't work out how to get to it... Now I know! Might have a try with Dirk Sassen if he has the other parts as well. Dont want to pay freight twice, thats why I was waiting for Franzose to get stock of the strikers back in, but it has been a few weeks now, so maybe I need to try elsewhere... After all, it is your coil I am driving around with... :rolleyes:

Sven

Are you kidding me..?

Why does it have to go off the rails at the last minute....

well: as described here before I have had to wait now for 6 weeks to get additional fabric in to finish my rear seats for my D Super. The fabric finally turned up, booked the car in to get it finished and dropped it off on Monday.

Not sure what made me look at the fabric in the workshop... But lucky I did as the fabric I saw was NOT the one that is on my front seats! WTF? I was pissed off... :mad: What made it worse, I realised that the fabric that was used on the front seats and door cards was NOT the one I actually agreed to. Didn't realise it at the time when I picked up the seats and door cards but it is a lighter, more patterend fabric... I like it, but seeing the other one that I liked first again, I would probably prefer it...

image.jpg image.jpg

So, compromise time... As I do like the current fabric as well I agreed to order more of that one from the US - another three weeks wait. Frustrating and not a good advertisment for Archerfield Trimmers. The work is good, but geez, getting the fabric wrong is a rookie error. It will have taken three month by the time the car is finally completed...

Will keep you posted.

Sven

Hello Boys.... Finally complete!

Finally. My back seats are finished. The fabric arrived and within a couple of days they were done. So had to put them in tonight and have a test seat... Very nice and soft.

image.jpg

And I can now take the whole family for a drive.

image.jpg

One question though: is the bottom seat pad only held in by the two grey plugs? There does not appear to be any other means of attaching it? The vertical cushion only hangs on the parcel shelf and is then held in place by the horizontal cushion and it's grey plugs... Right? Feels a bit loose in case of a prang...

image.jpg

Or are those lugs to be used for anything?

image.jpg

Also lobbed in the front seat middle arm rest. It is a weird thing. Looks a bit out of place.... But I guess that is how it is supposed to sit?

Well, looking forward to a drive on the weekend. And time to take some good photos as well....

Sven

back rest of back seat should have 2x 8mm head bolts at bottom corners, seat bottom just held in with grey plastic plugs

looking good Sven, nice comfy chairs! Wish I could have time to finish mine off! Jealous! ; )

Don't be jealous gentlemen. The time will come and your cars will be ready, too.

The he final bits turned up from Sassen. New coil, points, distributor cap and finger but most importantly new, used door latches.

image.jpg

So I bolted those in first and although the rear door closes better, the driver door is still not good... Bugger! More to think about...

Changed coil so I can give Chris his one back and put new points in and ..... Car didn't start..... Grrrrrr. Coil ok, points suspicious (struggled to set the right gap, didn't on the old ones - manufacturing variance?). So put the old ones back in and all good. Never just straight forward with repro parts...

same me with the washer pump. The thing was leaking. So had to muck around with it and it is still not 100%. Painful.

anyway, so the car is done, finished and ready to be used. A good feeling. And good weather this weekend, too :dance:

Why not ditch the whole point setup and go to a Pertronix or similar? No more gaps and crap to stuff around with and I guarantee the Pertronix will be there long after the car is gone. I have used their kits in many of my cars (mainly BMW) but they have kits for just about anything, and even if they didn't, all you need is to bodge the plate that bolts to the dizzy plateau, the rest is just a hall sensor and a segmented magnet on the dizzy shaft. They install literally in seconds.

Why not ditch the whole point setup and go to a Pertronix or similar? No more gaps and crap to stuff around with and I guarantee the Pertronix will be there long after the car is gone. I have used their kits in many of my cars (mainly BMW) but they have kits for just about anything, and even if they didn't, all you need is to bodge the plate that bolts to the dizzy plateau, the rest is just a hall sensor and a segmented magnet on the dizzy shaft. They install literally in seconds.

Totally agree. Full stop.

Hot Spark kits are available for Ducellier and they work. I've had mine for I guess 3-4 years now.

Mmm.

Any recommended ones for the D Special?

Yes, its blue... so I must get the right version .....

D Special 1974.jpg

Keeping the dream alive...

Just so my blog doesnt disppear into oblivion, here a few photos from last weekend.... still like my colour choice!

IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

The best detail of a DS in my opinion...

IMG_4317.jpg

Sven