results if you have ??

Advertisement

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PEUGEOT-D...ht_7025wt_1344
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

1000+ Posts

Default well yes

my son had one like this with adjustments fitted to a Landrover Freelander with the BMW turbo diesel engine he later fitted a similar one with no adjustment to a pug 306 turbo diesel ,both made a vast improvement .the one on the freelander fitted into both the rail pressure sender and the map sender .the pug one only on the rail sender ,they tell lies to the ecu ,making it think the rail pressure is lower than it is so it pumps more pressure through ,we had some dramas with the PUG ecu shutting the motor down as it thaught the rail pressure was low , thinking the mechanical pump was running with limited lubrication from lack of fuel, replacing the in tank pump rectified this problem ,seems the mechanical pump has a lot of push but not much suck,we didnt re install that magic box ,we decided it was dodgy ,and as its gone to Sydney for his girlfriend to drive thaught it best left standard, in short yes big improvement ,but there are preferred brands PUGS

1000+ Posts

Interesting PUGS.
    Wonder how the manufacturers are so incompetent when this gadget can get better fuel consumption and higher power outputs.
    Has this independently tested? Seem to recall a gadget for petrol cars. Whenever they makers were challenged to do an independent test (with the MG club in the UK) they never turned up
    Of course, that doesn't mean the diesel one is dodgy as well.
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

Banned

more power and better fuel economy!
    perhaps they could sell them to peugeot?

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoBo View Post
    Interesting PUGS.
    Wonder how the manufacturers are so incompetent when this gadget can get better fuel consumption and higher power outputs.
    Has this independently tested? Seem to recall a gadget for petrol cars. Whenever they makers were challenged to do an independent test (with the MG club in the UK) they never turned up
    Of course, that doesn't mean the diesel one is dodgy as well.
    Hi,
    Yea my thoughts too.
    I think I will back the manufacturers with the thousands of hours testing and development against an independant with ?? many hours testing and development.

We all know that you can get extra out of any engine. But more power AND better economy is a perenial claim that has not been proven too often, to my knowlege.
    jaahn

Please explain where the claimed 10% decrease in fuel consumption came from in the latest diesel Koleos vs the first series whilst producing identical power? Better wheel bearings? More slippery oil? I'll bet it had something to do with the ECU programming.....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post

We all know that you can get extra out of any engine. But more power AND better economy is a perenial claim that has not been proven too often, to my knowlege.
    jaahn
    I would say with confidence that my car's 'box of electric tricks' delivers slightly more power and substantially better fuel economy (compared to a carb motor in good tune), but I can assure it does not cost $98.00.

Jo

Just to put things into perspective, here is the screed according to Chip Express in the UK:

"Ever wondered why the manufacturer didn't program it this way as standard?

Vehicle manufacturers are forced to compromise when they set up the engine's ECU, to create vehicles which will operate in a wide variety of markets and conditions.
    Many countries, for example, impose emission controls which are far more rigorous than those we have in the UK.
    Other countries relate their vehicle taxation systems to power output rather than engine size.
    Some, like the UK, impose higher taxation for different emission levels.
    The different countries in which your vehicle is sold will often have widely varying climates and fuel quality.
    Finally, the manufacturers themselves often produce several different performance variants of a given model.
    "

(Chip Express units sell for 395 Quid.)
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

I have seen enough of UK diesel users to believe the better tuning boxes do work in the manner implied.

Some of their popularity is due no doubt to the ease of R&R; in a country where insurance punishes modifications these are readily removed prior to a necessary inspection. Nor do they affect the ECU mapping - you would be bloody good at forensic data work to pick the actions of one, even when a car was under new warranty and came in with an ECU fault... This especially compares to remapping which is easily detected.

In Australia, remapping with generic maps is probably going to become the simplest fix as insurers here are so far from nosing into ECUs on everyday claims.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Please explain where the claimed 10% decrease in fuel consumption came from in the latest diesel Koleos vs the first series whilst producing identical power? Better wheel bearings? More slippery oil? I'll bet it had something to do with the ECU programming.....
    Or higher compression, less heat loss, less friction (different bores,piston,smaller rings), more efficient ancillery stuff.
    If it had exactely the same engine, intake and exhaust and it made those consumption and output improvements then it may well have been a badly mapped ECU. Given that the car is the same weight and much the same wheel alignment/tyres.
    Otherwise one cant get away producing better economy and more power.

Love to know if there are other possibilities.
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

On reflection, it didn't need any of the things you've suggested, JoBo. A simple change to a new, more efficient injector and program would probably account for it all.

Thread Information