Due to the floods here in Brisbane, my 205 GTi rebuild will likely take longer to get on the road than I expected.
As a result I need a temporary drive to get me to and from work each day, so I don't have to drive my wife's Mirage (or 'Man-rage' as one of my work colleagues keeps referring to it as...)
So, given the taste and sophistication of the average AF member when it comes to all things automotive, your recommendations would be appreciated.
1. Less than $5,000
2. Must be 'cool'. What does that mean? Well, an EA Falcon is not cool, nor is anything made by Hyundai; any Peugeot GTi is cool.
3. Have four wheels.
4. Provide me with trouble-free and low-cost motoring for 3-4 months.
5. Be relatively easy to sell (eg, not be anything made in Britain after 1945).
Not necessarily French.
- BMW 3-Series, late 80s early 90s (E30?).
- An Alfa.
- Early 306 S16 / GTi-6 / Rallye.
- A Volvo with a turbo on it (c'mon, that IS cool!).
- Peugeot 406 with comedy exhaust (see Ebay).