Damage to MY4 - Shoot Down the bastards!
  • Help

Damage to MY4 - Shoot Down the bastards!

Hello guys!

Long time no chat! Great to see Brendan & Derek last Thursday nite, for aquick cruise around the Mascot/Maroubra area!

I thought i would allow you all to see the damage that happened to my car (and all the following up i did!) a couple of weeks back in Parramatta (Sydney).

The file you will have access to has all the pictures I sent to Sydney Water (they were responsible) and you will also be able to view the word documents, etc to get a picture of what happened!

Feel free to see all <a href="http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/my4power/lst?.dir=/MY4/Sydney+Water&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/" target="_blank">here!</a>

The outcome, incase you are wondering is that Sydney Water will be paying me out in full for the damage caused to my wheel. $325. wink

Advertisement
    ~Dave Power` [MY 4] :

"#PW33RR" --- > "PW33RR" 2009 Mazda6 MXR-CD, 2.2L Turbo Diesel - More torque than the last! Geesssuz[/COLOR] HOT
    "#ZEG01F" --- > 2006 VW Golf 2.0L TDI - The torque machine SOLD
    "MY 4" --------------- > 2002 Monaco Blue RenaultSport Clio MkII SOLD
    "XES11V" ---------- > 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage STOLEN

UFO
    Dave

Look at it this way. Even though it may have taken some effort on your part to persue this and get a resolution - at least they admitted fault and a compensating you. Shows some sort of responsibility on Sydney Water's part.

It also shows precedence for future occurences.

At least it will be fixed dance
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

OOWWCCCHHH!!!!

I get quezzie when I see pot-holes like that. I can just see the day when I hit one and do some damage like you. Was the tyre OK?
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Yea man thats a bad hole.

Is your steering and suspension still cool ?

Take it there payen for a new mag ? cause theres no way you could fix that wheel and call it safe.
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Sorry i couldn't come along dave, but i couldn't get a ride back home in time to get my car,.... good drive though?
    Im assuming all your G/box probs have beeen sorted?
    are you going to buy a matching lenso?
    cheers Xq
    ... ptui!

Hey all,

Craig, You're spot on mate. They've acted well and didn't try to slow me down - which is terrific. I'm glad they were compliant.

Brad, Yes the tyre's perfectly fine! You will notice on the photo that the outer edge of the rim actually sits slightly further out (maybe 5mm?) than the tyre - thankfully.

Reno17, My suspension/steering is fine. I was able to drive with the wheel perfectly after the incident.

Sydney Water will be covering the cost of a new mag - HOWEVER, the damaged wheel has been in for repairs since last Thursday. My local Bob Jane Manager (who sold me the wheels) has suggested that I just get the wheel fixed and pocket the remainding money...He directed me to a wheel-repairer who's been in the business for a long long time & has fixed much worse wheels. It will cost me half the amount of a new wheel & will be back to normal. The thing is, that the dent is only on the outer edge of the wheel & hasn't effected the main part of the wheel. He tells me it's easily fixed.

Xqisid, The drive was fine mate! But only being the 3 of us, was fairly basic...
    ~Dave Power` [MY 4] :

"#PW33RR" --- > "PW33RR" 2009 Mazda6 MXR-CD, 2.2L Turbo Diesel - More torque than the last! Geesssuz[/COLOR] HOT
    "#ZEG01F" --- > 2006 VW Golf 2.0L TDI - The torque machine SOLD
    "MY 4" --------------- > 2002 Monaco Blue RenaultSport Clio MkII SOLD
    "XES11V" ---------- > 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage STOLEN

Thread Information