when is a pug a renault ???
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

when is a pug a renault ???

how many times have you pug people out there had someone tlaking to them and call your pug a renault ????
    i had it again the other day
    i had a bloke walk up to me and ask what the new renault was like and that he had seen one on telly on wheel of fortune or some such quiz show
    i said i believe they are pretty good i replied but i really can't tell you too much as i drive a PEUGEOT lol

Advertisement
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

i have had my Citroen Called a Pug numerious times, and have had it called a Renault even more.

I too reply in a similiar kind of response as you. I tell them the new "pugs or renaults" are good, but i drive a citroen and i like that more.

stooooooooooooooooopid people mallet

I Always get from meh mates
    "howz the Alfa goin Ash" ?

Spose, the R17 sorta looks a bit GTV Like
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Xsara:
    i have had my Citroen Called a Pug numerious times, :
    Maybe they'd looked at the floorpan or the engine , Xsara evil

Its the ones who say they've never seen a Holden like that before who really get to me! How DO they get away with that lion!

Cheers

Rod

<small>[ 03 June 2003, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Rod Hagen ]</small>
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 4008 2016Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, (deadish), - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 406 ST 1997, 307 XSE, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Several people call me car a 'pergot' mallet
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Phasis:
    Several people call me car a 'pergot' mallet
    Do you prefer it to the ubiquitous "pew joe"?

cry cry cry

Cheers

Rod

<small>[ 03 June 2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Rod Hagen ]</small>
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 4008 2016Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, (deadish), - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 406 ST 1997, 307 XSE, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Back in the early days of Totota & Datsun being in Australia, we used to often get people coming into our garage asking to get some service done on their Bluebird under warranty.
    :but it's a Datsun sir; we're Toyota dealers" ...well they're Jap aren't they?..."yes but they are Toyotas and yours is a Datsun!!" well what's the difference? If they're Jap they're all the same... mallet mallet

Talk about some mother do 'ave 'em moon

Alan S a_drink
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

I remember about 15 years ago a mate and I were coming home from an interstate club run in our just completed R17 convertable when we pulled in for petrol in some remote out of the way place, I was driving our standard R17 while my mate was in driving the convertable, we stopped at opposite side of the pump and the attendant wonders out looks at the convertable and asks what type of car it was, my mate instantly replies pointing to the coupe "it's one of them with the roof cut off" the old bloke wonders over to the coupe and looks carefully and say's "yer your right it is to" then turns to us and asks "but what's this" to which my mate instantly replies "it's one of these with the roof still on". I cracked up at this stage and the old bloke never did find out what they were.

David.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

sounds like he'd being working at a servo and inhaling fumes for abit too long dance

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Hmm,

well my father had someone wander over to him when he was driving through a carpark once.... "A Peugeot, good cars aren't they?? But gees mate, I think it's needs it's valve adjusted ...".

Hmmm, he could be right, however the car was a Citroen CX wagon... and it's deisel roll_lau roll_lau (hey the valves could need adjusting, but how could you ever tell over all the rattle of the deisel mallet roll_lau )

seeya,
    Shane L
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!
    i had a red pug 504 about 10 years ago,
    and this chick walks up after looking at the front of the car and say's " Is this a Ferrari"
    obviously mistaking the lion for a horse, typical blonde, i was about to laugh but i had a better idea! " Yes" i said, "wanna come for a spin", and the rest, well only i wil know!!
    cheers!
    Peugeot
    "Anything else is a Compromise!"

I also remember a long time ago and I can't remember who told me this, but the person was registering his 504TI (thats the one fitted with mechanical fuel injection for those that don't know), the bonnet was up and the engine was idling nice and smooth and quietly like there suppose to do, the Vic Roads bloke had his head under the bonnet checking its numbers and as he stood up he commented that it was the smoothest and quietest deisel he's ever seen.

David.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

When i first got my S16, nobody knew what it was, and i was constantly asked if was a new type of Holden.
    I then told them it was a Pejoht, which is sort of how you pronounce Peugeot in spanish.
    cheers Xq

ps, i now have to put up with the rice boy questions.... "how much boost are ya running? bro?", once they spot the cage and Sparco,
    ... ptui!

I haven't had anyone call my Citroen a Renault or a Peugeot, rather they don't seem to have clue what brand it is. However a number of years ago I was giving a mate a lift in my Fiat and he said.

"Nice car, a Renault isn't it?"

This is despite the prominant Fiat badges on the steering wheel and right in front of him on the passenger side of the dashboard mallet

Troy.

i`ve had people came up 2 me and say nice holden man, ,but i do have citroen mag wheels on my pug just waiting for the pug centers to put over the citroen ones whistle whistle
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

nJm
    I've had a range of reactions. One person thought it was one of 'those funny old rean-olts', others thought that from the rear I had early 80s Mazda 626 .

Mind you, I get a lot of old men who recognise the car and say 'ah, I used to have one of those'.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

When Peugeots were imported here as knocked down kits they were assembled by Renault Australia, and they had Renault on the compliance plate.
    My father bought one of these in the 1980s and when he tried to register it the inspector wanted to put Renault on the registration documents. He was adamant that it was a Renault, despite the Lion. I believe he was eventually talked round, but I think that qualifies as "when is a Pug a Renault".
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Getting fuel in my BX 16V just after I got it & the guy at the servo, whilst plastering black greasy hands all over my freshly polished white paintwork diplomatically says "geez, who makes these f$%^&*(o& things? wassit called?" A Citroen; "Yeah...Nissan make up don't they?" which was followed by an offer to do any required service because "we service aloto' these here!" I declined his most courteous offer & then showed him how the petrol cap locked as he was having troubles doing it mallet cry mallet

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Originally posted by Alan S
    <strong>Getting fuel in my BX 16V just after I got it & the guy at the servo, whilst plastering black greasy hands all over my freshly polished white paintwork.....
    This is known as 'user error'...

You wouldn't have this happen if you got self serve.

XTC
    pugrambo:
    how many times have you pug people out there had someone tlaking to them and call your pug a renault ????
    I've had someone ask if the pug (206GTi) was new Vauxhall - guess it was the Lion (at least they didn't think it was a Holden).

XTC206
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

I was leaving my 205 GTI at a car storage area when going across to Great Keppell island in '92, only to have the lady write down Holden Barina. I admit there is a passing resemblance,but I said it was a Peugeot, to which she said " How long have they been putting lions on them." I said for about 50 years longer than Holden.
    '56 Renault 4CV (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '82 Renault Fuego GTX
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '02 and '03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee+

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    Rod Hagen:
    Xsara:
    i have had my Citroen Called a Pug numerious times, :
    Maybe they'd looked at the floorpan or the engine , Xsara evil

Its the ones who say they've never seen a Holden like that before who really get to me! How DO they get away with that lion!

Cheers

Rod
    yes but the holden lion sits on it's rear while the pug lion is rearing ready to eat the road ahead
    i know which lion i would rather have
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

1000+ Posts
    [quote]XTC206:
    I've had someone ask if the pug (206GTi) was new Vauxhall - guess it was the Lion
    ...a lion missing a beak and wings... wink

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Originally posted by TroyO
    <strong>I haven't had anyone call my Citroen a Renault or a Peugeot, rather they don't seem to have clue what brand it is. However a number of years ago I was giving a mate a lift in my Fiat and he said.

"Nice car, a Renault isn't it?"

This is despite the prominant Fiat badges on the steering wheel and right in front of him on the passenger side of the dashboard.
    Getting into and out of as many cars as I have over the years, I have at times taken no notice of what I've been stepping into (being engrossed in conversation at the time or whatever...) and I once mistook a Fiat for a Renault because of the badge similarity.

I have had my R25 called a SAAB on many occasions (similar look to the 9000 series hatch).

It is also referred to as a Pug on many occasions. I am quick to tell people that is a Renault and the best of the three French Cars!!
    Cheers - Luke

1990 Renault 25 V6 Baccara - Gunmetal Grey
    1974 Renault 17TS (1317) - Silver

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information