"The boy from Rio"..
  • Help

"The boy from Rio"..

Did anyone on here see that great french movie from the sixties last night on SBS at 10:05pm?
    It had quite a few french cars in it.
    A peugeot 404 that was in a car chase and some parked DS sedans and a few 2cv too.
    Very funny take off of the james bond films... snail

Advertisement

I taped it and plan to watch it soon - study permitting.

Have never seen it beofre but look forward to it. Doug Anderon the SMH TV review said something about a car chase so that sparked my interest evil

Still looking forwqard to seeing the Burglars / La Casse again though..

Anyone know if it going to be reelased on DVD ??

<small>[ 02 June 2003, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: B E R E T ]</small>

It was very good..

Tadpole
    Apart from the pleasure of seeing lots of 403's (along with numerous other interesting early 60's French cars), another pleasure was the female lead, playing opposite Jean-Paul Belmondo, one Francois Dorleac. You might well say Francois who, but she was in fact Catherine Deneuve's sister (the "was" is because she tragically died in a car crash not that long after this film - I'm not sure of the date). Just today's trivia item.

Finally saw the movie - not bad but a bit slapstick - almost like a Tinin comic

But did I miss the car chase? I only saw a very brief chase in Paris with Belmondo on a bike, and some largish (Fiat 2300? - my SBS reception is not good ) sedans in the dusty building site in Rio.

Sorry - but La Casse shits all over it mallet

danielsydney:
    Did anyone on here see that great french movie from the sixties last night on SBS at 10:05pm?
    It had quite a few french cars in it.
    A peugeot 404 that was in a car chase and some parked DS sedans and a few 2cv too.
    Very funny take off of the james bond films... snail
    Daniel,

If you love French films with lots of French cars, I suggest you watch 'Le Samourai' directed by Jean-Pierre Melville starring Alain Delon. It's arguably the best gangster/hitman film ever made and all modern day gangster films are influenced by this film. The lead charatcter steals only Citroens. The ending is weird but then again it is a Frech film...

Edit: Oh I forgot, the imagery in the film is the definition of cool. Definitely watch it!

<small>[ 08 June 2003, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: billtran ]</small>
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

Tadpole
    Has any one of you seen a movie called " Rocco et ses freres " ( don't know the title in english ) with Alain Delon? Great gangster movie from the 60's, quiet funnily in this movie his name is "Rocco Siffredi", it might ring a bell to some of you guys, as I'm sure you can find some of his movies down under....
    wink

Yassine welcome to the board great to have someone from paris... tongue tongue head_ban snail citroen_ cheers!

XTC
    danielsydney:
    Yassine welcome to the board great to have someone from paris...
    Cool .. someone to send us parts LOL
    tongue

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Tadpole
    I've been working in London for 2 years now but should go back to Paris by the end of the year, kinda miss it, I don't really miss the people, but damn I miss the food!!! What surprised me when I arrived in the UK was the number of Pugs and cits, they are everywhere! You begin to see the new Espace also over here, a few months ago, there was one parked just in front of my flat with parisian plates on it and there were all these people stopping to have a look! A guy stopped his car and asked his girlfriend to tell him what make it was and when she said Renault, he wouldn't believe her ! That was funny! It's like the Coupe Avantime, I saw one the other day, it turns more heads than Ferraris over here, there are only a few, shame they stopped production.... frown

Thread Information