Long term repeat business
  • Help
    VIP Sponsor

Default Long term repeat business

We sold an 80,000km Renault Scenic this morning, to a Gentleman that first bought a car from us in 1974, that was a Peugeot 504, he traded that back on a new 505 in 1985.... And today traded that on the Scenic.... He is now 92 years old!.... HE'S ALREADY TAKEN THE scenic, but I haven't seen the 505 yet, we pick that up from his home next week.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Slater View Post
    We sold an 80,000km Renault Scenic this morning, to a Gentleman that first bought a car from us in 1974, that was a Peugeot 504, he traded that back on a new 505 in 1985.... And today traded that on the Scenic.... He is now 92 years old!.... HE'S ALREADY TAKEN THE scenic, but I haven't seen the 505 yet, we pick that up from his home next week.
    You must be a good and honest man, Rod! Congratulations!
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

Yep I agree, you don't get a customer like that by chance....you must have earned it....pat on back.
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

VIP Sponsor

Thanks Jo Bo and 59 Floride, I try my best to be so, think it pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Slater View Post
    That story would be a great basis for an ad.

Jo

VIP Sponsor

Great suggestion Jo, I will see if Justin can get it onto a testimonial page on my website?

I'm interested in how the 505 comes back!

If I'm ever flush with cash, my first stop is going to be your car yard, Rod. Always fantastic stories of customer/business interactions that warm the heart. It's nice to know the past isn't completely lost!

VIP Sponsor

Gee thanks FedGrapes, I will let you all know about the 505 when I pick it up

1000+ Posts

Yep a good story, you must be quite proud when you have repeat customers like that and can extend the trust like you did!

ken

VIP Sponsor

Went to collect the 505 Trade-In this morning. We had been told that it was getting water into the oil and had not been started since September 2012, so Graham and I went over with, tools, coolant, jumper leads, fuel and can of AeroStart... Ha d it running within couple of minutes. It's a 1985, bronze metallic 505SR manual, one owner, with (wait for it,,,,!) 444,630km on clock!.... So he has really got his money's worth out of it! It's registered until 13/08/2013, paint and trim still good, tyres Ok, just needs a head gasket ( maybe liner seals also) now I need to find a new home for it...otherwise it's off to the 'knackery'...any interest from AussieFroggers?

VIP Sponsor

Still got original log books and spare keys!

Thread Information