404 sedan
  • Help

Thread: 404 sedan

Fellow Frogger!

Default 404 sedan

For sale 404 sedan 1970 original condition solid body a few minor dents but quite straight Excellent motor revs really nicely brake booster and brake and clutch master cylinders recently replaced. The interior is in reasonable condition for its age. We have owned the car for the last 14 years and always treated it well, it would be a good car to do up as it has no major rust problems and hasn't been modified. With a few minor repairs it would still give quite a few more years enjoyable motoring. regards. cane toad.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

sounds nice... what kinda $$ are we looking at? Where abouts is the car?
    63' 403 Sedan, Cream (OMY-403)
    63' 403 Sedan, Blue

Fellow Frogger!

Default 404 sedan for sale

The car is in Wollongong, it has four months rego and I'm looking at $800 or thereabouts.
    Regards
    Cane toad

Hello cane toad
    What colour is the 404
    regards jamie

Fellow Frogger!

Sorry about being a bit slow to reply ,Christmas and all that. Colour is a Bathurst blue still original in most places,been patched over in a few spots due to minor mishaps. I prefer to keep it original rather than respray even if it looks a bit patchy, I'm always a bit sus of resprayed cars, you don't know what's been hid The upolstery is black 100% original a few minor splits and tears but quite clean the strip on the dash has one small crack. We have owned the car for 14 years now and have always taken good care of it not concourse but kept it rust free and tidy. It goes really well I think it is the best engine I've ever had, rebuilt about two years ago by a local engineer who specializes in race engines it has not been hotted up but is the easiest revving motor you could find I don't pretend to have a lot of knowledge on the subject but from what experience I've had I would say the 1600 engine is the nicest balanced engine Peugeot have made The car has to be sold as we have changed to 504s some would say updated but I'm not that sure I think in years to come I will say as other people have said to me. "Had a 404 once still reckon it's the best car I've ever owned" regards cane toad

You will think that, believe me...

Put it on Club rego and keep it.

Fellow Frogger!

you say it has 4 months rego... does this include a rwc?
    63' 403 Sedan, Blue

Fellow Frogger!

Two is enough it has to go, they last better if someone is using them, end of March rego no RWC as yet regards cane toad

NSW RWC is no good in Qld anyway...

Having seen the car today, I have to say it's a very unusual one... a daily driver that's straight and pretty much rust free. A good buy for somebody.

Fellow Frogger!

any chance of seeing some photos?
    63' 403 Sedan, Blue

Fellow Frogger!

What turns you on, scenic views or nudies? regards cane toad

Hi Cane Toad,

I have sent you a personal message (I hope).
    I would like to get into touch with you about the 404 (if you still have it).
    Can you email your phone number to me please (simonhall@fastmail.fm) and I will give you a call.

Thanks, Simon

Fellow Frogger!

Default 404 pics

I'm having difficulty pasting a link, you'll have to type in the following address to view the photos: http://uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...m?.dir=404pics
    I hope this works
    canetoad

Tadpole

I am interested in purchasing the car and would like to talk to you about it.
    I'm in southern Syd so quite handy. Could you please give me a call if the car is still for sale tel: 0425 206 778.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    You will think that, believe me...

Put it on Club rego and keep it.
    Best response yet! Certainly the best advice.

Collective noun : an "insufficiency" of Peugeot 404s.

We have this problem with my lovely Renault 16TS, which is definitely one car too many. But then..... So it is in the garage.

JohnW

Fellow Frogger!

Default all yours

Rock on down to the gong with $800 and it's all yours to put on club rego, it would go quite well with the Renault. regards, cane toad.

Quote Originally Posted by cane toad
    Rock on down to the gong with $800 and it's all yours to put on club rego, it would go quite well with the Renault. regards, cane toad.
    It would too. Alas, I've one car too many as it is and Perth is a long way... I've been regretting not buying a 404 ever since I had the chance to buy a low mileage, one owner, rust free one in about 1972!

Hope it finds a good home.

Cheers

JohnW

Fellow Frogger!

Yes I hope it does to John, it deserves a good home after 30 plus years of service. It has quite a few more years left in it yet, if you can stop them from corroding and they don't get involved in a major mishaps goodness knows how many years they could keep going for. Spare parts don't seem to be to much of a problem and in my opinion they drive as well if not better than a lot of modern vehicles. I suppose it just gets down to image if you don't mind being the odd one out on the block it doesn;t matter, most French car drivers in this country seem to be quite impervious to the opinions of the general public anyway . The poor buggars don't know what they are missing out on, and as a friend of mine and fellow Pug driver says there's no reason to tell them regards cane toad

Tadpole

Default Is it still for sale?

It sounds like just what I'm after!! Is it still for sale? You can call if it is on (02) 49 434281. Or i'll check back here.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

cane toad
    you have a PM
    i have a buyer
    he lurks here but isn't a member so i'm the go between which is no problem at all
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Fellow Frogger!

Default 404

Yes definatley still on the market, put it in the trado yesterday and got a few calls from gentlemen with middle eastern accents and one chap from an advertising agency. Either way it doesn't look good for the continuation of the species in Australia Shame really it is quite a solid car, needs a bit of minor mechanical work but if no one is interested it will definatley end up in pieces Pugrambo I sent you a PM yesterday sorry about the delay I've been out of action for a few days regards cane toad

Fellow Frogger! Alastair Browne's Avatar

I am definitely interested in this car and not from the Middle East!! Please contact me on 0416 230 446

Quote Originally Posted by cane toad
    Yes definatley still on the market, put it in the trado yesterday and got a few calls from gentlemen with middle eastern accents and one chap from an advertising agency. Either way it doesn't look good for the continuation of the species in Australia Shame really it is quite a solid car, needs a bit of minor mechanical work but if no one is interested it will definatley end up in pieces Pugrambo I sent you a PM yesterday sorry about the delay I've been out of action for a few days regards cane toad

PM received thank you
    my good friend will be ringing your phone this weekend i believe so stay home
    he likes his 404's and has had a few of them so the car will be going to a good pug home
    just don't talk about me behind my back
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

cane toad
    how did you go ?
    the car still yours or has it a new home ?
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Thread Information