1992 BX 16 Valve for sale
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 1992 BX 16 Valve for sale

Hi, my name is Julian and I'm from the Oldtimer Centre in Chippendale in Sydney. We have just acquired an excellent BX 16 Valve which I'm tempted to keep for myself, but I thought I would post it here to see if there is any interest.

The car we have is a 1992 build 1994 compliance with 127,000ks. It is a metallic grey colour in excellent original condition. It has very complete and detailed logbooks showing the spheres being regassed and replaced regularly, oil leaks and hydraulic leaks attended to promptly. The timing belt and front spheres replaced about 10,000ks ago, the LHM was flushed at the same time. It is registered until Sept 2004 and the asking price is $9,950.

The car is superb to drive, everything seems to work as it should. The cabin is very quiet and shows no real sign of aging. The only negative I have found so far is that the air conditioning pulley is noisy for a few seconds when first started but we will sort this out. The aircon has been converted to R134A and is nice and cold.

Advertisement

Here is the link to the car on our website:

www.old.com.au

My contact number is 02 8701 4777

Thanks!

Julian

Thats a nice clean looking example Julian. I would imagine that the handling and engine performance would be solid. Does it have the same engine as a series two Pug 405 Mi16? I''m not in the market for one but it is an intersting vehicle. good luck.

Tadpole

yes, it's a great performer, it handles surprisingly well - corners very flat. It's funny watching cars following you through corners and trying to keep up, they drop back very quickly when they find they can't hold the same speed!

it is the same 1.9l engine as the 405Mi16, not sure what constitutes a series 2.. i'm sure it would be the same engine as the mi16 of the same year.

I think the series two is a 2 litre engine with a cast iron block.
    No series two engined BXs ever came to Australia to my knowledge.
    This BX 16V is known as a BX 16V series two (148 BHP with cat) as opposed to a series one which was 160BHP with no cat. The later ones they got in the UK had the cast iron engines but even over there they are as rare as ......Hope that clarifies not complicates the explanation.

Alan S

Tadpole

according to the australian supplement in the owners manual the engine is 108kw which is about 144bhp

from memory all australian spec bx's and Mi16's used this engine

Looking at the Pic of the engine, it is definately a series 1 Mi16 alloy block.

That is one nice BX with excellent milage. Should sell easily.
    90 205 Gti Cherry Red(Track Car)
    2009 207gti
    1985 505gti (Shitbox Rally) Sold

PBs:

Oran Park: 1:27:9
    Wakefield: 1:05.6 (July 2015)
    Eastern Creek: 1:47 (16V) 2019
    Mt Huntley: 34.44 (2004 stock 205)
    Ringwood: 35.06 (30/10/2005)
    Winton: 1:33.6 (2017)

Thread Information