WANTED: 205GTI
  • Help

Thread: WANTED: 205GTI

Default WANTED: 205GTI

Well, actually -
    <i>Wanted: entertaining driving machine for under 15 grand.</i>

Figured the 205 fits the bill.... but if anyone has any other suggestions, i'm open to them.

I'm in Sydney, and it will be used as a daily driver, so if you have spent a motza on fixing up your 205, i'll buy it off you if the price is right!

Advertisement

Wouldn't mind one with a stereo, sat nav, turbo, Koni adjustables, King springs and AP racing brakes either, but hey, you can't have everything.

Anyhow - are you selling one? Well - let me know!

Matt

Hi,

Sorry about not reply to your email. So you want a 205? Well welcome to the club you cannot escape from! There are a few for sale at drive.com.au & in the private section of carsales.com.au

Check to see when al the things where done on the car such as timing belt, clutch etc. Buy a series 2 1989-1990 or a series 3 1990 onwards. THese had the better dash. Series 3 have many extras. If you need any info just email again or just pm.

Cheers Nick

Everyone's been telling me to get a Series 3, but man, do you think I can find one ANYWHERE?!?!?!

I HAVE found this, which I presume must have been a Froggy car at one stage - does anyone know this car?

PUG51E http://tinyurl.com/vtad

Found a 94 in BRG for $15499 on Drive but it's in Vic and I'm in Syd... anyone know this vehicle?

Matt

HI,

The one is way to expensive for a series one! Try out the one advertise on here in melbourne (blue series 2) looks very good. I'm also looking for one as I wrote off my series 3 on monday

Cheers Nick

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Nick, when did the series 3 start please. Are all the ones with 15 inch wheels, power steering and airconditioning series 3s (barring later fitment).

Thanks

Cheers

Jim

1000+ Posts

Mr Bungle - check this one out - sounds alright and the price is right:

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9252

Hi Jim,

Yes all series three have the speedline 15" rims, power steering, air and leather upper seats, disc brake rear end. These are rare and a great car. The first shipment of the series three was late 1990.

Cheers Nick

A good s1 or 2 is still well worth considering......(you'll save plenty)

There's certainly very little difference in a straight line between them all........and if anything the s1/2 are probably more of a visceral drive than the s3 with their lower gearing, heavy steering and strong torque steer

You really have to grab them by the scruff of the neck to throw them around.......and that's only when parking....let alone up a mountain:p

will swap mine for an mx 5 ^_^
    series 1 with a 2 dash transplant
    (purplepugWA)

Do yourself a favour and find a good Citroen BX 16Valve....
    Why... well you'll save AT LEAST $5k on your initial $15k budget....

You'll get as much fun as a 205GTI... PLUS a five door hatch... a huge boot .. room for 5... in a package only a little longer... 1.9litre 122hp 16valve 5sp (sound familiar... it should be if you're looking at a 205!!!) fabulous seats... and Citroen suspension / brakes / steering....

Hmmm what else.. let's see sunroof... fast glass... central locking... air con... and for $10k you'll find a 89-91 model plus have a few grand left to spend at Tom Dolans on getting it sorted... !!!

Before your comit to a 205 (and I'm not suggesting for a minute they are not a great "little" car... take a 16valve BX for a good long fang... I know there's ine for sale at Continentals for $8k ... might not be the best one but certainly one to give you an idea... although you could probably buy better with a little patience...!!!

Happy hunting....

Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle
    Well, actually -
    <i>Wanted: entertaining driving machine for under 15 grand.</i>

Figured the 205 fits the bill.... but if anyone has any other suggestions, i'm open to them.

Matt
    From the Peugeot club Canberra ROAR mag

205 GTI 1989 246k silver hatchback, 1.9 good condition, 5 spd, reco engine and Gbox @ 180k new starter, brakes, rear end suspension. A/C CD, amp, woofer, remote central locking, momo steering wheel, and pedals, rego March 04 7500$
    0262451988 0417488310
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Thread Information