MY00 Bianca White Peugeot 406 D9 SV Manual.
Feb 2000 compliance.
Black leather interior (heated front seats with electric adjustment) and all the usual SV features including electric windows/mirrors, central locking, immobiliser, trip computer, cruise control, adjustable headlamps with washers, auto wipers, climate control (very effective), f & r fog lamps, abs, speed sensitive power steering, f & s airbags, alloy wheels etc.
Overall condition is outstanding and many have commented as such on both exterior and interior.
Engine bay and under engine/gbox area is extremely clean with no oil leaks etc.
This model is relatively scarce with the 5spd manual transmission.
A new job a couple of kms from where I live has me considering a change on the private car front. A significant amount of $$ has been invested in the last 16 months with a view to longer term ownership, e.g.
- Top quality (made in usa) metallic film window tinting
- Timing belt replaced along with t/b rollers and water pump
- Replacement of fuel gauge sender unit / pump assy (P/No. 1525C5 approx $480)
- Replacement of auto dimming interior rear view mirror (P/No. 8149G8 approx $450)
- Replacement of entire HP p/s hose section – these are known for developing leaks at the pipe section joins - (P/No. 4020KV / 4014K2 – $2234 through Peugeot but genuine item sourced for less)
- Replacement of clutch assy (clutch plate, pressure plate, release brg) and clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder – approx $930 in genuine parts – as well as both LH and RH driveshaft seals
- Replacement of electronic control module for cruise control system – these are known to cause inoperative or intermittent c/c for this model - (P/No. 666054 - $1133 through Peugeot - genuine item sourced for less)
- Replacement of front struts and rear dampers with quality european gas pressurised items
- Replacement of top engine mount, top torque mount bushes, gearbox mount
- Replacement of crankshaft harmonic dampener pulley
- Replacement of the coolant temp sensor (for fuel injection) and the engine knock sensor
- Replacement of the ignition lead harness assy for the rear bank (genuine) + all spark plugs
- Replacement of the fuel filter, pollen filter, brake/clutch fluid, coolant, p/s oil, g/box oil, engine oil + filter (twice)
I have $8730 in receipts for the above work (performed in the last 16 months)!!
Also has Rego until Feb 2012!
Full service history, with Peugeot dealerships / specialists used only. Pierre from PQ Automotive has commented recently that this car is probably the nicest D9 SV manual that he has driven.
See zipped folder with photos - higher resolution photos are available if required.
Looking for $9800 – barely more than recent expenditure. This has not been an easy decision to sell.
Please contact me direct on 0421 448 768 or send PM as next best option.